Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers include PDF in package vs attach

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bryan Holland
    Bryan Holland
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @bholland4768

Hello

Thanks in advance for the solution to this one.

I have attached a few PDF’s but they’re not being delivered when the course is launched.

How do I “include in package” of the course?  I know I can host myself and simply link, but that is less desirable. Thanks!

Bryan

#396049 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

Are you using actions such as (open an attachment, or launch a document) for delivery of the PDFs?  Or are you just trying to include as attachments and then using Go To Web Address actions to launch them?

Maybe we do not see them being used and they are not published with the course.  I would like to know more about this can you tell me which course it is that is having trouble, and is it okay if I download and look at your course in our development environment?

Thanks,

– Joe

#396057 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Bryan Holland
    Bryan Holland
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @bholland4768

Joe

First off thanks

YES! look at SLAL2

First I simply attached. But after launching from ScormCloud inside the Accenture environment they are NOT  included.

I can host but wonder how I “bundle” or such…

#396065 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    74 pts
    @wheels

Well, I am seeing that the attachments do publish out when I publish to SCORM and then download the zip file.  My guess it the actions to launch the PDFs are not working because of the modality of how the course is running inside the LMS.  Maybe it is not allowing new browser windows to be launched.

You might try changing the open attachment action to a Go To Web Address action, select new window, and then make it a lightbox popup.  This should at least allow the PDF to be displayed so you can know if it the PDFs are being written out in the content area.  I’m attaching a screenshot showing what I mean…

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.