I have to insert notes into most of my pages to be reviewed as PDF by several people in my organization. I add notes to my slides as needed and sometimes i have to go back an edit them. I’ve found that more often than not the notes completely disappear and if though i have deleted them or have never created them. I’ve tried the trick to change the viewer size to 25% and very few times i have found the notes icon was hidden behind the slide itself. Again, more often than not its simply gone. To the point that i will add a note, add text to the note, move on to the next slide and then return to the previous one to see what text i input last (within a matter of seconds) and the note is gone!. This is by far the most frustrating thing, I make a ton of progress in editing my course to meet my leaderships and customers requirement only to be halted and made to waste time by this Lectora problem…
@jparker – I’m having the same problem with a note icon that’s disappeared (but the page title is still in bold italics, so it still thinks it’s there). Did you ever get any help with this from Tech Support? Any tips for any of us who are also having this problem?
Hey Laura, no support at all. Sometimes if you switch to mobile view and change the size of the slide you can find it and drag it to the center of the page. If that doesn’t work I suggested adding a blank page after the page missing the notes. then copying and pasting all the content within the page, not the page itself and then adding a brand new note and deleting the previous page altogether.
Actually, I found another solution in another thread on this problem, which is to go into the .awt file in notepad, find the note (by searching for a word that you know is in the note or on that page and isn’t too common within your course) and then manually changing the x or y location (in my case, I think it was the x-axis number that was changed to something over 2,400!). I think if the page is a simple one, your method might be easier, but, for pages with lots of objects (especially ones that generate variables, like quiz questions, etc.), the .awt file approach may be the better way to go.
I’ve also mentioned it to someone I’m working (on some non-related issues) with at Trivantis, who said that he’d check to make sure that this bug is on the developers’ list of things that need fixing.