Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Is Streaming Video done with Flash?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NeilHoskins
    NeilHoskins
    @NeilHoskins

(Lectora v11) If I insert streaming video using Insert – Video – Streaming video – youtube etc…

…the function appears to be implemented using Flash, and consequently doesn’t work on mobile devices.  Is that correct?  Is there a way of streaming video to mobile devices?

Thanks,

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of NeilHoskins NeilHoskins .
    #297689 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    333 pts
    @ssneg

Yes, it appears so. Which is a bit weird and probably a bug (@dfleary, @lsilver?), because Lectora plays normal video through the same player in HTML5 on mobile devices.

My recommendation would be to just use the original YouTube embed code from their website, put it inside an External HTML Object and avoid the Lectora player.

#307063 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Gifford
    Jennifer Gifford
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @jgifford2924

I think I’m having the same problem. I’m trying to place a YouTube video into a page using Lectora 12. It plays fine in a browser but doesn’t appear at all on an iPad. Does anyone have any tricks for this? I’m still new with Lectora and I don’t see an option that says Insert > External HTML Object. Thank you

#307070 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

If you want an alternative to Flash, I find that using a combination of MediaElement.js and Freemake Video Converter plays everything on every device. It’s not too difficult to set up. If anyone is interested and wants a tutorial let me know.

#307178 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jabc
    jabc
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    1 pt
    @jabc

To add an external object, go to the Insert menu and select HTML extension. Then you must add the appropriate items to the Type, and File drop downs.

#311765 Score: 0
    Profile photo of mallow76
    mallow76
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    22 pts
    @mallow76

@klaatu i’d be keen to see how you set that up. Having major issues with streaming video just now and trying various things to get to the bottom of it. It may well be internal settings (of the organisation) that prevent video from playing but would be keen to try your solution in any case. Embedded and streamed video plays fine in Chrome but not in IE11.

Thanks for any pointers that you can provide.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of mallow76 mallow76 .
    #311865 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

Time permitting, I’ll try to put something together this weekend. It is very interesting and perhaps promising that Jennifer mentioned in another post that Lectora is now actually using the very same JS media library as I suggested you try. Hopefully we can access it’s API. If so we can add some awesome features.

#312008 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Annette Williams
    Annette Williams
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    entry
    LUC17 Presenter
    16 pts
    @amwdmw

Not sure if this will help you or not, as the videos that I had were not streamed (they were mp4’s in my media folder)…but I had a problem with the flash player trumping html 5 on all PC’s.  This was a problem, as Flash was not loaded on the tester’s PC.  I found this post…..and yes, it worked!

https://community.trivantis.com/shared-content/use-html-5-media/#comment-542

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.