Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Issue closing modules/browsers in iPhones

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Trey Meadows
    Trey Meadows
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    @tmeadows7114

I am loving Lectora 16 (16.0.2)…We are aggressively producing mobile modules left and right–the “responsive title” feature is great!!  I am in healthcare and our LMS in HealthStream.
    The only issue I have run across is getting the browser to close on iPhones.  Not having the issue with PC/laptop browsers, nor Androids…
    I have it written into Lectora to mark as “complete” in our LMS on completion of the modules–which it does.  It is just getting the browser to close.
    I have tried separating the command to close from the command to mark-as-complete.  I have made a button to click to close it.  Just cannot get this to work…On a rare occasion, it will close as designed, but it is so sporadic I am not comfortable rolling this out yet.  I hate that only the iPhone is holding up progress here (can you tell I am an Android guy?), but I am at a loss…
    I’m not a guru or anything, but am a 5+ year and 3 version user of Lectora and can usually come up with something creative to make things work for me, so I’ve tried lots of little things…Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#308176 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    118 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Apparently after a bit of googling this is a real iOS / Mac issue. Normal javascript code like window.close() wont work.
    This might be a workaround that works. I cannot confirm that at the moment however, because i dont have a Mac or iPhone at hand. But give it a try i would say… and let us know if it works.

https://jeffclayton.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/javascript-window-close-method-that-still-works/

#308730 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Separating the close command from the completion is definitely the right thing to do. Beyond that, I would ask if his LMS/Healthstream launches the course in a new window/new tab.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.