Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers Issue with Fill in the Blank Test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tanya Banninga
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Hi all,

I have created a test where the learner selects the correct images out of a grid of images. They are able to have as many attempts as they like and can get the answers shown between attempts.

The mechanics of it are:

• Start button that shows the test.
    • Fill in the blank question where the answer is set to 8 (8 correct images). Feedback on set to run action group for correct and incorrect.
    • On click each image adds to the question variable then hides itself and show a highlighted image (show it is selected)
    • On click each highlighted image subtract from the variable then hides itself and show the un-selected image again.
    • Submit button – process question
    • Try again button – resets the question
    • Answers button – toggle show of the correct answers and resets question.

It all works fine in lectora preview, but when I put it on reviewlink or publish to html the test won’t do a second submit…it is like it is not processing the question when the button is clicked again, but I have this same setup on other tests that are drag and drop with no issue.

If anyone is up to the challenge, could you have a look at the attached sample and see if I am missing anything?

Thank you!

Tanya

#423150 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

The question thinks it was already processed so it doesn’t process and provide feedback. I am a little surprised that this works in run mode. Well, I certainly understand how it is confusing and a lot of people don’t know they can use a Change Contents action on a Question. If you do that then the question is ready to be processed!

Maybe it’s our fault for surfacing the Question Variable instead of having everyone just use the Question Object for various things. Sorry for the inconvenience on this!

I attached a screenshot of an action you can add to make your cool interaction work like it does in run mode. It’s just adding a Change Content on the Question Object, setting the Question Variable contents into the Question.

Very nice interaction btw !!!

– Joe

Attachments:
    #423210 Score: 0
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Hi Joe

Thank you! That has made a difference. It now works in the page preview as it does in run mode.

However when I put it on reviewlink it still does not work….I published it to HTML and SCROM to test and no joy.

Any thoughts on why this would be?

Thanks again for the help.

Tanya

#423833 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

Hi Tanya,

I’m sorry I didn’t see this until now. I see the same thing and it took me a while to figure it out!

Since the question is off the page we do not include it in the published output.

If you move the question onto the page then your simulation will work.

I will write up an issue for this, not sure what the right fix is yet, but we should at the very least let the author know that the object is not available.

Joe

#424975 Score: 0
    Tanya Banninga
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @tbanninga2873

Thank you Joe! I got it to work with the question back on the page, just hidden. This has really made my day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.