Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Issues with suspend data

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Richards
    Mike Richards
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    3 pts
    @Sprockets

I am hoping someone can help us.

We are having issues with suspend data limit in SCORM 2004 (and SCORM 1.2 naturally).

Despite setting all the checkboxes (on quizes, and questions) to say, ‘do not retain data between sessions’, Lectora 11 is still filling up the suspend data with junk we don’t want. This is causing errors to come up on learner’s screen and we have a very unhappy client. We have had to revert to an older product, built in a different tool, until this can be resolved (which is incredibly embarrassing to say the least).

Is there a way to stop Lectora 11 from doing this? We do not want, or need this data for anything (and if we did we would be putting it in the cmi.interactions where it belongs).

We have so far tried:

1. Setting bDisplayErr = false in Trivantis.js (didn’t work)
    2. Using LMSSetValue to zero out the suspend data at key points in the product (also didn’t work)

With 6 x 30 Question assessments pulling from a bank of 100 questions per assessment we really don’t want to have to replace every response with single letters (as suggested by another poster on a similar issue).

We are considering breaking the product into 6 SCOs but that is just hiding the issue.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Regards,

Mike

#297352 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

I just checked in the latest v12 with a 6-question test and all I got in the end was

cmi.suspend_data: ;~;Test_1_Score=40;

So I guess this is something that was resolved in v12?

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #297376 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Mike Richards
    Mike Richards
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    3 pts
    @Sprockets

Actually further investigation indicates it may be some sort of file corruption.

We have three courses all build around a core set of questions, but differentiated by additional customized question sets. Two of the three courses behave as expected, with only the the variables set to remember across sessions being present in the Suspend data.

The problem course – despite having the same settings – is dumping everything into suspend data.

We’ll go back to the original core source and build it back up again from that.

Its annoying but these things happen. I am just glad that Lectora wasn’t doing this by design. Suspend data is too precious a resource for that type of shenanigans 🙂

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.