Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Questions & Answers JavaScript stops working when title is published

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sam Higgins
    Sam Higgins
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @shiggins.9138

Hi

As part of a Quiz, I’m trying to limit the maximum number of checkbox selections in a Multiple Response question using JavaScript. I’ve implemented the function outlined by Sergey Snegirev in Pg1 of his four-part tutorial…

if ($(‘input:checked’).length == 3) {
    alert($(‘input:checked’).length);
    $(‘input:not(:checked)’).attr(‘disabled’, true);
    } else {
    alert($(‘input:checked’).length);
    $(‘input’).attr(‘disabled’, false);
    }

…which runs fine in the Lectora Online single page preview (checkboxes disabled at a count of 3 and popups show the correct numbers), but fails once the project is published. The popups still work so the JS is running, but it’s failing to work out how many boxes been selected (popups always show a value of 0).

NOTE: I’ve implemented this JS function on each button rather than at page level as I’ve overridden the default checkbox image, but it works just fine within Lectora. I’ve also followed Sergey’s tutorial on a blank project to test from scratch and I’m still having the same problem. I’ve seen this happen on other JS functions I’ve tested in the past.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

#438110 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Robert Aung-Naing
    Robert Aung-Naing
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    17 pts
    @raungnaing

Hi Sam,

Can you point me to the tutorial by Sergey Snegirev that you mentioned?

Or better yet, if you can attach a sample title (pkg file) I’ll be happy to take a look.

Robert.

#438112 Score: 0
    Sam Higgins
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @shiggins.9138

Hi Robert

Thanks for looking into this. I’ve attached a mock-up of the page as a PKG.

Thanks again

Attachments:
    1. CheckboxTest.pkg
    #438122 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Robert Aung-Naing
    Robert Aung-Naing
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    contributor
    17 pts
    @raungnaing

Hi Sam,

The original script is not compatible with Seamless Play Publish. So if you had published with the option “Publish for Seamless Play” unchecked it would have worked fine. To make it work for both cases (Seamless Play and non-Seamless Play), you need to access the HTML elements using getDisplayDocument() function when using jQuery (eg: $(‘input:checked’,getDisplayDocument())).

I attached an updated version of your sample title; please give it a try. I also made another change: instead of putting the same code in each of the check boxes, I made it into a function called processCheckbox() and added to a second HTML Extension of type Header Scripting and call that function from each check box action. That way if you need to make a change to the script you only need to change in one place.

Regards,

Robert.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #438229 Score: 0
    Sam Higgins
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @shiggins.9138

Hi Robert

This has made my day. Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

#438927 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Maura T. Sullivan
    Maura T. Sullivan
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    1 pt
    @msullivan3430

Could you post this same solution in a form that the desktop software can open? I just posted an issue to the forum where my jQuery was working properly in both Run and Edge Preview, but not on the LMS (see https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/animationsactions-work-in-run-edge-preview-not-in-lms/ ).

I’d like to see if your solution can work for me too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.