Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JSB
    JSB
    @JSB

Hi there,

Trying to get JAWs 16 to work with Lectora Inspire 12 in IE 11 and running into a few issues:

– Tab order: The reader begins with the H1 heading and then pics up the Next and Previous buttons at the bottom of the page before moving onto the table of contents. Is there way to change the order of the buttons and TOC so they follow the page content?

– Reading behind the scenes stuff in the TOC: Is there a way to just have it read the links?

– Doesn’t read the page content at all (a single text block).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

#287396 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @_

Hey Jeff,

Does this only happen in IE11, or in other browsers too? Usually when I run into this problem it’s because I’ve set something as ‘Always on Top’ – the screen reader will pick up these elements first regardless of their order in the Title Explorer.

Also check that the unread text block isn’t set as ‘Convert to Image’… not sure exactly how these are converted but I don’t imagine JAWS can read them.

#287395 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JSB
    JSB
    @JSB

Thanks for the reply. It happens in Firefox as well. I haven’t checked Safari or Chrome.

Good call re: “Always on top”; that was why the buttons were being read first.

Still no luck with the unread text block though (It’s not set to “Convert image”). It’s not just one text block either. It won’t ready any text blocks, even if there’s nothing else on the page but a single text block.

#287397 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Cam Phillips
    Cam Phillips
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @_

@jsb 62843 wrote:

Still no luck with the unread text block though (It’s not set to “Convert image”). It’s not just one text block either. It won’t ready any text blocks, even if there’s nothing else on the page but a single text block.

That’s super weird! I’ve not installed Lectora 12 yet (downloading now) but when I do I’ll have a play and see if I come up with anything.

#287394 Score: 0
    Profile photo of boisvertc1
    boisvertc1
    @boisvertc1

I am having the same issue with Lectora 11 and IE 11. JAWS will not ready any of my text blocks unless I click on them through the browser. Is there an IE setting I need to change? I have never worked with JAWS before and so far it has been extremely painful from a development perspective.

Also on my questions pages, the question is read before each of the answers. This is really annoying and was wondering if you knew how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#321011 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Shannon Turner
    Shannon Turner
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    4 pts
    @sturner7498

I’m working on the same text area issue. I was able to get the text area to be read by going to the textblock’s properties tag and selecting the “Convert To Image”. The Title options has to have the “Use Web Accessibility Settings” checked as well. The course reads about 125 characters are then gets cut off. The other issue is that the focus highlight doesn’t appear when I tab through it.

I’m guessing there is a better solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.