Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers jump to the next event in a video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marcel Milo
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi together,

i have a video in my title and i have created some events.

Now i want to make an “next button”, so that the user can jump to the next video chapter.

Can anybody help me, where i can set this?

greetings Marcel

#431762 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

i made three events and and at “event 2” there appears the “next button”. And with “the next button” the user can jump to “event 3”. The settings (show/hide) for the “next button” are not the problem only the possibility to jump to the events.

Attachments:
    #431780 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    309 pts
    @timk

Can you post a sample? I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to achieve. An event is a trigger while the video is playing. The video plays to Event 1 (00:09.77) … what happens at that event? – A Next buttons appears, that should let the learner jump to 00:24.00 = Event 2? Wouldn’t it be much easier to show a video with a duration of the first 00:09.77 and continue with images after that?

You can Run javascript to jump around in the video, e.g.

document.getElementsByTagName("video")[0].currentTime=24;

to reach the 2nd event.

Remember to replace the quotes if you copy the code from the forum. I’d have marked the code as code but the system won’t let me any more.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch. Reason: marked code as code (admin)
    #431799 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    53 pts
    @wheels

In Lectora v18.2 and coming soon in Lectora Online there is a Set Time action which can be used for this.

#431803 Score: 0
    Marcel Milo
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    advanced
    @mmilo9281

Hi Tim,

THX sure, sorry i forgot.

Here is my sample file.

The idea is, that the user can jump by clicking the next button to time 39:18.

so that they are able to jump to next chapter.

greetings Marcel

Attachments:
    1. Video_Learning.pkg
    #431891 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    45 pts
    @JasonADal

Jumping off from Tim’s solution is one that he, @mnoternman and I worked on some time ago that worked with Lectora Inspire – that said, Marcel, it looks like you may be using Lectora Online instead? Unfortunately, I’m not sure this solution would be usable in your case, but did work in Lectora 16:

Jump to and play audio issue

This solution covered jumping back and forth, pausing, playing, and automatically playing based on the user’s preferences (i.e. if they had selected auto-play with or without captions at the beginning of a course.

Of course, it may be miles easier with the addition of that function in 18.2, which I’ll have to test out myself, now that I’ve upgraded. In fact, we’ll see if I can archive that and more of my code library. I already know I can sunset my aria-live code and focus CSS customizations.

Also, hi all! It looks like I missed some tags from some ways back – I stopped receiving notifications of updates to my posts and instances where I was tagged. I may be checking in more often, now that I’m off video production and more on development again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.