Explore the community Forums Lectora Online Lectora Online Suggestions Kill Animations (Lectora only)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of James Reynolds
    James Reynolds
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    1 pt
    @jreynolds2084

Hi,

When strictly using Lectora objects alone (no extra Javascript), I was wondering if it would be possible to kill animations in the future…

For example: I have built a slider which essentially has 2 buttons for next and previous and when you click either one, it shows the corresponding slide. Of course it would be nice to add some transitions when sliding so I add some fade ins.

Currently with Lectora Online, you can’t hide an object if it is mid transition (hence the word ‘kill’). In my opinion when an object is told to hide (the CSS equivalent of display:none), everything attached to that object should be killed/stopped. If there is an ‘out’ transition, then this should start here.

Kind Regards,

James

#412842 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    38 pts
    @wheels

Hi James,

I agree, I will write up a bug and look into this.

Joe

Note: After a quick look this seems to work properly with fly-in transitions, we will take a complete look at all of them as we move this through.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    #412861 Score: 0
    Profile photo of James Reynolds
    James Reynolds
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    1 pt
    @jreynolds2084

Thanks Joe, I will look out for that. I have mainly noticed it with Fade In/Fade Out. I must stress that the problem occurs when the click (to hide) is during the current animation.

For example, you have slides A,B,C,D….you want to get from A-D quickly. When you click next 3 times, the fade IN will occur for slide B and then immediately need to hide but it won’t, the fade IN will carry on until it is complete, resulting in multiple slides being shown. I hope that helps explain the issue.

James

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.