Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of leeming
    leeming
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @leeming

I have Lectora X.5 (8230) and haven’t used it for a while. I now want to use it but it says “Flash 10 or higher is required”. I have updated to Flash 30 using https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ rebooted, tried again etc but same message appears on start up. How to proceed?

#406638 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    93 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Oh my… thats an old version. Well Flash isnot supported anymore in a lot of browsers…and so you are in a lot of trouble. Flash 30 doesnt say me nothing… isnt the latest version Flash 10 or so… if you want to use Lectora on a more regular basis then once in a decade… do upgrade… either to 16 or 17 desktop or to Lectora Online. If thats not the case and this is a incidental use or project you need it for…outsource it to someone…

#406828 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    9 pts
    @CarlFink

You don’t want to use Lectora X, in my humble opinion. It produces Flash-only output as I recall. Most companies and schools absolutely forbid the use of Flash these days, and almost no mobile devices support Flash, so ….

Upgrade, is my only real suggestion.

#406835 Score: 0
    Profile photo of leeming
    leeming
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @leeming

Thanks, but this was procured a few years ago for a significant amount of money and am I right that it is now useless unless I depart with several thousand more AUD?

I wonder why we were sold it then, when the writing was on the cards regarding Flash, unless there is a free upgrade to the most basic version that continues to be usable.

#406869 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    93 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Lectora X is old.. i used it too…but that was at least 10 years ago, and then it already was quite old. If someone sold you Lectora X less then 5 years ago i cannot imagine he or she had any ties with Trivantis. They would have try to sell you a uptodate version. I dont know the details about what and how you got that version, but it doesnot feel good. One option is using Lectora Online, its subscription based so you can get it for a year for $588 now and do whats needed. I would however if you opt for that, first export that LectoraX file, put it ( or part of it ) here on the forum and ask someone to check if for you. Because you might run into a lot of trouble with a version that old and need to start building it from scratch. Better to know that upfront before deciding to buy anything.

#406872 Score: 0
    Profile photo of leeming
    leeming
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @leeming

Hi

Yes, it was bought about 5 years ago, from Trivantis in Australia. For over AUD 2,000 I recall!

#406888 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    9 pts
    @CarlFink

I agree with Math. That’s a very old version. I know Trivantis here in the States was not selling it that recently. I’d suggest you contact Customer Support directly through the web site and request assistance.

#407117 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew.Robertson
    Andrew.Robertson
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @Andrew.Robertson

In all honesty, I have been using Lectora X since I started in my current position. While it may not be the most up to date, it still works to get things done on a fairly basic level because we used Flash CS5, CS6, and CC as the main method of delivery our content.

Now that being said, we have finally decided to upgrade out LMS to a more recent product which means we can upgrade to Lectora 17 (which we’ve had installed all along but just did not play nicely in our older LMS which was circa 2007).

Lectora doesn’t make a cheap product, but it 17 is a very nice piece of software but X should work just as fine (I have vX.4.1 (7782))

#407169 Score: 0
    Profile photo of leeming
    leeming
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    @leeming

Yes, I concur version X.5 is good but just wondering about publishing to CD which is what I wanted to do. It’s for users with low ICT competency in an area with no Internet connectivity, but they have a few laptops. I suspect that this requires Flash and thus I can’t guarantee the content will play on their equipment. My requirement is only a small job not critical so will find some other way to do it. Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.