Explore the community Forums Lectora Tips and tricks Lectora 16, issue and fix with rotating devices…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KineoUK
    KineoUK
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    entry
    winner
    2 pts
    @KineoUK

I have been building my first set of client templates in Lectora 16 and a bug reported was that sometimes when a tablet or phone (no particular pattern to it) is rotated from landscape to portrait, or vice versa, the screen did not resize and re position itself automatically (it seemed to be zoomed in and some of the content off screen). The content had to be manually shrunk or double clicked for it to do so. Maybe no one else has seen this issue (yet). But a fix, confirmed as working so far, is to put an action on the course itself, so it is inherited on every page, which is:

“on Device rotation (0.5 second delay) > Go To > Current Page > Top of page > Existing window”

This has fixed it for me. Hopefully helps anyone else out with this issue.

Ta,

Mark.

#325209 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

Are you able to share the files (before the workaround) so I can have Support take a look? The easiest way would be to use the “Submit a support ticket” button but you also have my email.  If the file is too large you could also use WeTrasnfer to send it.

I haven’t heard anything like this happening but I also put the word out to Support asking as well.  When the course was being accessed can you give me some additional details like what browser, LMS, or devices they were using? That’ll help to see if we can duplicate the issue.

#325217 Score: 0
    Profile photo of KineoUK
    KineoUK
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    entry
    winner
    2 pts
    @KineoUK

emailed you, Jennifer. Thanks.

#325300 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    117 pts
    @jvalley4735

I was chatting with our support team and they said the issues sounds familiar to known issue that’s currently being worked through. I’m glad you found a workaround! I shared your files with the support team in case anyone else reports the issue until a fix is in place. I also shared your files with the dev team to see if it helps speed the process up. So thanks for sending them along!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.