Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Lectora 18 Continuing to Crash Immediatley

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan Carlson
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Lectora Inspire 18, I’ve been continuing to receive a cryptic error immediately upon launching the application. The error reads as follows: “Lectora Inspire has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working. Please close the program.”

The program immediately crashes after this message displays and you click “OK” or X out of the the pop-up window.

I had reached out to Trivantis Support when I initially began to receive this error about two weeks ago or so. I was somewhat brushed off and asked if I had admin rights (which I do).

A few re-installs eventually put a band-aid on the issue, but now I’m back to this occurring again. I can’t develop in the tool at. I’ve reinstalled, repair installed, and rebooted many times. I’m unable to work in Lectora 18.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, were they able to resolve it? I have re-opened a ticket with Trivantis and my organization, but I’m not holding my breath.

Thanks,

Ryan

Attachments:
    #416340 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    10 pts
    @cainam

I have a co-worker who had that happen to – it seems to happen just occasionally and not necessarily all the time.  The time it did happen 3 consecutive times, I think she restarted her PC then it was fine.

Does this happen when you open up Lectora, and then open your course, as well as when you open up an .awt file directly?  Wondering if you would have better luck opening Lectora first…

#416342 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, this is happening either way – launching the .awt file from File Explorer, or launching Lectora 18. When I launch Lectora Inspire, the error comes up right away, so I don’t even have a chance to navigate to a title (or I suppose create a new title even).  Thanks for the the suggestion though!

#416363 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

If you post an .awt we can see if it works on our computers.

#416366 Score: 0
    Ryan Carlson
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @rcarlson8673

Thanks, Darrel. It actually does this for any .awt file that I try and open.

#416368 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    192 pts
    @Klaatu

I realize. Perhaps there’s something corrupt in it. If you post one, any one we can look at it. See if it opens in our copy of the application.

#416398 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    41 pts
    @wheels

We will contact you immediately. Sorry about this inconvience that would be really frustrating.

#416404 Score: 0
    Profile photo of sheryl coggins
    sheryl coggins
    LUC16 Attendee
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    @scoggins3221

Hello Ryan,

Would you please let me know the support ticket number?

Thanks!

#416406 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    41 pts
    @wheels

We have had some reports on Windows 10 where ChartTool.awl would cause a crash. If you rename ChartTool.awl to ChartTool.awl.bak it may solve the crash issue. This file resides in the following (or similar) location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Trivantis\Lectora Inspire 18

#416900 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    10 pts
    @cainam

I’m actually experiencing the problem now – It wasn’t until after I removed v 17 that the issue occurred (in case this is of any interest).   While I had both versions on my pc everything was fine.  This checks out with my co-worker as well who experienced it intermittently – also started happening after the uninstall of v17.  (I’ve got a ticket in with my IT dept to rename the chart tool to see that resolves).

#417214 Score: 0
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    10 pts
    @cainam

Update on my issue – it was actually different than Ryan’s, and I feel a bit un-intelligent now that I realized what I did…

I must have originally tagged the ‘awt.bmp’ lectora file to default to open with Lectora instead of just the ‘awt’ file.    I think I saw ‘.awt’ and just clicked to quickly – so I was getting an error that said “Error during XML Parsing! : Error document empty.”

So then the icon next to the .bmp file showed the Lectora icon, so I probably kept clicking on that due to the visual cue.  (the .awt file had a blank icon after uninstalling v17 I guess).

I didn’t realize it initially because when clicking on ‘recent’ documents after opening Lectora, the names of the modules didn’t show the full title, so I didn’t realize I kept trying to open the .bmp file (Until I got one with both options fully visible).  see images if curious.  ; )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.