Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Lectora 18 is now available!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sheryl coggins
    sheryl coggins
    LUC16 Attendee
    beginner
    intermediate
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    contributor
    3 pts
    @scoggins3221

Hello Sandi,

There was an issue with Snagit 2019 that TechSmith identified and resolved.  They have provided an updated version to us. Please perform the following steps to install this update.

To resolve the issue with Snagit 2019, please perform the following steps.

1. Download the file Snagit_2019_0_1.msi from this location:
      https://trivantissupport.sharefile.com/d-s8bec96dc8374a2b9
    2. In the Windows Search area (usually lower left of your screen) type in cmd.exe
      This should then offer you to open the application: Command Prompt, Desktop app

3. Press Enter to launch the application
      This will open a command line window.  Here you must type the command to change to the directory to where you downloaded the file, usually c:\\Users\yourname\Downloads  The usual default location when opening the Command Prompt will be c:\\Users\yourname

4. Then type the following command and press Enter after.
      cd downloads
      Note: you can use cd with 2 dots after to go back up a directory (cd ..)
    5. Now type the following:
      Snagit_2019_0_1.msi /qb TSC_OEM_MODE=”Lectora”
    6. This will launch the installer.  Complete the installation, then launch Lectora, and from the Tools menu, launch SnagIt.

The corrected version of SnagIt 2019 will be included in the next release of Lectora 18, likely early 2019.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

The original issue is documented on their website here: https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016642771-Snagit-Windows-Snagit32-exe-Hangs-on-32-Bit-Machines

#425658 Score: 0
    Profile photo of amanda hetherington
    amanda hetherington
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    contributor
    7 pts
    @ahetherington9113

Hi all

I’m still using Lectora Inspire 17.0.6 although I have had v18 since it was released in November last year. I’ve been holding back because I’m afraid of losing time as a result of issues with the newer version.

Can anyone advise if they have had a smooth transition to v18, and are there any concerns still lingering? Also, should I jump to v18.1.1?

Cheers

Amanda

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.