Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    93 pts
    @mnotermans5114

@jvalley4735

As Andrew ( @mlap1 )states, i do have the same questions. Working with Online now, i do like it, but clients asking for options not available either in Online or Inspire without heavy scripting from me…  End of this summer i do have to advice several clients what to use for their new courses. They are open to my advice, since i will do most of the development, but as it is now…neither Lectora Online nor Inspire fullfill their wishes good enough. Would love to tell them… oh wait, Lectora 18 is coming with this and this and this…. convincing them to use Lectora instead of some of the competition. But as it looks now, Adapt, Rise, Elucidat and H5P fit their wishes better.

#403397 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    111 pts
    @jvalley4735

Currently, a service pack is planned to come out (17.1.6) to address some bug fixes in the near future.  Version 18 is scheduled for sometime between Q3 and Q4.  The scope of the project was changed to include more beneficial content so the date was pushed back from my original “summer 2018” statement.  In the next version, we hope to see community and user suggestions.  The only thing I know for sure is some improvements to RCD which will mimic current functionality in Lectora Online.  We appreciate your interest and understanding as we continue to use the Agile process of development to meet the needs of our customers, company, and regulatory matters.

#403418 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Peter Jackson
    Peter Jackson
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    group mod
    entry
    winner
    16 pts
    @pjackson2462

Hi Jennifer (@jvalley4735), this is truly great news, especially about using Agile process of development, where Trivantis includes input from customers.  I have made several relatively simple suggestions starting back in 2016 in version 16, none of these have been acknowledged (i.e. No feedback) and they have not been included in any updates.

Please advise, how does a customer ask for feature updates and/or much needed (relatively simple) changes?

#403653 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    111 pts
    @jvalley4735

Please advise, how does a customer ask for feature updates and/or much needed (relatively simple) changes?

I monitor conversations and pick out suggestions or pinpoint issues. If it needs attention and you want to make sure it get’s seen you can @ me like what happened in this thread. There is also a Lectora Suggestions forum, for both Lectora Inspire/Publisher and Lectora Online, where we recommend posting your suggested changes, as much background information as possible, and an example. Then your thread can be liked or commented on if multiple people are in agreement. Either myself or other members of the Trivantis team (Joe W likes to help me out when he has time) will review your post.

The information is shared with our development team. I personally have a meeting with our Product Manager on Thursdays.  He also meets with members of support, marketing, and other departments to hear all audiences.  We talk about what I’m hearing about in general and go over the newest suggestions/bugs/improvements are being talked about.  From there the suggestion goes through a triage process.  It’s scaled on importance, we look at the impact it can potentially have on the existing product, who has the availability to make the changes, and how much work it’ll take to complete. Among other aspects. Our end goal is to have a product that has a high impact on the front end and low impact on the back end.

This is me personally speaking, I know that last statement can sting.  Especially when you’ve been struggling with issues to make things work. I was a developer before I joined the company and in my first job, I was literally in charge of giving my team a go/no-go on updating Lectora since we had auto-updating turned off and didn’t want to disrupt on-going development (v10, 11, and 12).  But please be assured we are doing our best in this complex technological landscape to take into account the most open-ended number of computers, browsers, and devices that we support.

#403707 Score: 0
    Peter Jackson
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    group mod
    entry
    winner
    16 pts
    @pjackson2462

<span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>jvalley4735

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I have used the above mentioned forum to communicate, however, I have had no feedback on my suggestions/requests. Whilst asking fellow Lectora developers to like or comment on a suggestion is a good idea, the problem with that is one needs to know about the forum and request to be notified, I suspect that 90+% of community members just look for answers and post questions if they cannot find an answer to their issues, that said, some of my requests have been voted, liked and commented.

I also understand the process as I was part of the ToolBook development team on a few significant projects and was part of the Lectora version 17 testing team.

I know this is not the forum but here are the top three:

1. Ability to launch published titles locally without the need to re-publish.
      1. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/launching-local-content-without-lectora-editor/
      2. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/button-to-preview-published-content/
    2. Publish Titles – Copy extern files last
      1. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/publish-titles-copy-extern-files-last/
    3. Extra graphics created when publishing in Lectora 12 and through to 17
      1. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/extra-graphics-created-when-publishing-in-lectora-12/
      2. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/responsive-output-is-too-slow/
      3. https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/lectora-16-creating-to-much-images/
    #404042 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Thank you Jennifer @jvalley4735

#404060 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    111 pts
    @jvalley4735

Thank you so much for laying this out @pjackson2462 . I made sure to mention it in my weekly meeting with the Product Manager.

#404157 Score: 0
    Peter Jackson
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    contributor
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    group mod
    entry
    winner
    16 pts
    @pjackson2462

Thank you very much, I really appreciate this.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.