Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration Lectora course not recording completion status in Workday LMS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jme973
    jme973
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jme973

Hi All,

We have a client that is having trouble getting our Lectora (17) course to record as completed in their Workday LMS.  The course has a test at the end and the score is recording properly but their status is still showing as incomplete.  We tried adding an action at the end to modify the AICC_Lesson_Staus to completed (also tried Completed, complete, Complete) and nothing has worked.

Does anyone have experience publishing Lectora courses to Workday?  Or any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

#413691 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

Never actually heard of Workday LMS, myself.

Publishing as SCORM? What version of SCORM? If you read back the course status, what does it say? (Just have a text field set to the variable AICC_Lesson_Status on a page.) In the LMS we use, the administrators can define acceptable statuses–make sure the string you’re using is exactly identical to the one the LMS has. Could there be an i18n issue? Maybe Unicode characters somewhere that aren’t evaluating as identical to the original character set’s version? Does the course work in other Learning Management Systems, e. g. SCORM Cloud (free for testing, http://cloud.scorm.com)? Can I throw more questions at you?

Well, yes, but I will stop myself here.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 13 hours ago by Profile photo of CarlFink CarlFink .
    #413711 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jme973
    jme973
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jme973

Hi Carl,

I appreciate the questions!  The course is published as SCORM 1.2, it works on SCORM cloud, CourseMill, Cornerstone and Blackboard with no problem.  The course status reads back as passed.

Unfortunately I’m not sure if Workday allows them to define an acceptable status.  I’m not getting much from their LMS admin other than ‘it doesn’t work’.  In their testing, the completion status stays at ‘In Progress’ even though someone passes the assessment.

Attachments:
    #413726 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

@jme973 , that sure sounds like a Workday incompatibility or bug. In your shoes I would definitely turn on debugging and upload that package, and monitor the transaction when the course tries to set AICC_Completion_Status. You might have to use a network monitor like Wireshark to capture the full exchange.

My own company uses the SAP Success Factors LMS (formerly Plateau). I was forced to debug a problem with AiCC uploads there myself (no help from either our internal IT or from Trivantis). It turns out that Lectora supports the last  draft version of AICC and Success Factors supports the last accepted version. The internal structure of the archives is slightly different. I had to write my own Python script to convert the Lectora packages into SF-compatible format. My point being: with a non-industry-leading LMS and an obsolete package format, Trivantis may not be highly motivated to help, and you might be on your own.

#413730 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    251 pts
    @timk

I don’t know Workday neither, but could be a scorm version issue? The log you’ve posted differs between “Completion Status”, “Attendance Status”, “Grade” and “Score”. It may be that “Completion Status” refers to “cmi.completion_status” which is a Scorm 2004 value.  As far as I know Scorm 1.2 doesn’t know that many values, it only knows “Lesson Status”, i.e. “cmi.lesson_status” (not attempted, incomplete, completed, passed, failed) and Score. The score seems to be the same variable in both Scorm version and the LMS seems to receive a score.

#413962 Score: 0
    Profile photo of dOubleO
    dOubleO
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    @dOubleO

Have you tried passing ‘Passed’ status rather than ‘Completed’? It might just be accepting a Pass/Fail status — which contradicts SCORM standards.

We’re moving to Workday too and they wouldn’t give us access to a Sandbox before we sign the contract and your issue worries me as our courses are coded to pass Complete/Incomplete status — no Fail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.