Hi, so there is this module that I want to publish as SCORM but everytime I try Lectora keeps crashing in the middle. Just for fun I have tried all other options but Lectora was very persistent in crashing.
There’s probably a corrupt tag on one of the pages in Lectora. Try removing pages from Lectora until you delete the one that makes publishing crash. Then you’ll have to rebuild that page from scratch. It helped me in the past.cr
I’ve tried to find what was wrong so I reworked everything…and published it afterwards which was really great after the whole morning of try and crash game with Lectora.
Just out of curiosity I tried to publish annoying non-publishable module from Friday today…and guess what….It worked!! So I took some time to check out why and realized it worked only because I’ve saved it on the desktop. I’ve just tested it again and Lectora actually crashes every time my publishing destination folder is on our internal shared drive.
So no publishing on shared drive…first desktop then other destination.
Ah, yes, publishing to network drives (as well as opening titles that are located on network drives) is risky, and it isn’t entirely Lectora’s fault (maybe it is not at all). It has to do with OS settings that prevent your local apps from directly writing to your network. So you might want to talk about it to your IT and see if they can help resolve this.
I always store titles in Dropbox so that I have an incremental backup going back 30 days and publish to Desktop to avoid all sorts of “cannot write to directory” faults, which often happen on restricted (corporate) systems.