Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SuzanneB
    SuzanneB
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    4 pts
    @SuzanneB

I have created a small sample course using Lectora Online (trial version). It is published in HTML. When entering a test, the student is prompted for their name, apparently by a built-in Lectora action. This appears to tie in with SCORM/LMS data, but I cannot find where this data is captured or stored in the HTML-published version. Is there a way to access this data item when the course is published in HTML? If not, why does this prompt appear in the HTML version?

#394318 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    36 pts
    @wheels

Hi,

Typically if you are using a LMS you already have the student name in the AICC_Student_Name variable.  The test prompts for the student’s name when a Test has Custom Results Submission checked on the Results Tab of the Test Properties ribbon, and if Prompt for Student’s Name is checked. (see attached screenshot)

This allows a student’s name to be captured and then submitted to a custom server script or into a spreadsheet in Google Drive.  The test results are not stored in cookies or local data, but they can be submitted as described, and the student name prompt is a way to capture this data for submission with the test results.

Hope this helps (and makes sense!)…

– Joe

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Attachments:
    #394380 Score: 0
    Profile photo of SuzanneB
    SuzanneB
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    4 pts
    @SuzanneB

Thank you! This makes a lot of sense and points me back to some settings I had not realized (or remembered) I had marked.  (I’m trying to learn everything there is to know about Lectora Online – relevant to my company’s needs – in a few weeks of having the trial version and, as you well know, that is an impossible task. I know I’m only scratching the surface on so many things!)

• When this Custom Results setting is enabled, is the student’s name captured in a specific variable (other than AICC_Student_Name, which you indicate already is populated by virtue of the relationship with the LMS) that I can access? I want to enter that name on the test results page the student sees upon test completion.
    • Then, based on the info you provided, I believe I now need to look more into the Google spreadsheet option. Besides using Lectora Online Help, is there any especially good source for assistance with using Google spreadsheets with Lectora Online?
    #394685 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    36 pts
    @wheels

If you are in an LMS I’m pretty sure it doesn’t prompt for user name even if the option is checked.  If you cannot use AICC_Student_Name then before entering the test I would make a page with a form entry field (that automatically has a variable assigned to it) to capture the student name.

I found this in the community:

Using Google Drive to Collect Results from Lectora

If you have trouble with finding the documents there use the ones from the help.  I sure can see how the help is intimidating on this, I’ll ask our tech writer to spruce that up a bit!

– Joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.