Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Niomi Rosenberg
    Niomi Rosenberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @nrosenberg2262

I am collaborating on a project with a co-worker.  She has Lectora online and i have the desktop version.  We noticed that the title we are working on does not look the same on our screens.  Attached are screen shoots of the same page but from each of our computers.

Is there any explanation for why this might be happening and how we could address it?

Attachments:
    #400460 Score: 0
    Niomi Rosenberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @nrosenberg2262

here is the other image, sorry….

#401195 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    118 pts
    @mnotermans5114

I mocked the 2 images together in Photoshop to see the differences good…and indeed there are quite some.
    But if you do you the same, you will also notice immediately that most of the differences are related to fonts, texts and bullets… and any layout differences are all related to that.

Can you tackle those in Lectora Online / Inspire or Publisher as default… No i am afraid not, the desktop fonts might always differ from those in the browser. Because Lectora Online is browser based there always will be a difference…in fact due to the fact Lectora Online is browserbased your best bet would be use the look and feel there to get a default setting to adhere too. Because its browserbased changes are best it uses webfonts or any other browser based approach that will fit you enduse best. In the end neither the look in Lectora Online, nor in Inspire or Publisher is final, the look in the clients browser is.

Ok, but how do i get it that it looks as close as possible wherever i check it.
    Well then CSS for sure will make its entry. DONOT rely on the look and feel in your editor…being either Lectora Online, Inspire or Publisher. Make use of CSS classes to create a allover look and feel that will be consistent in any browser and any device. Will mean you have to know your way around in HTML5 and CSS a bit, but in the end you can guarantee a specific look and feel in every browser.

Kind regards,

Math

#401197 Score: 0
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    118 pts
    @mnotermans5114

PS. If you share a .pkg i gladly do some tests with CSS to get all looking similar in Lectora Online and Inspire…

#401202 Score: 0
    Niomi Rosenberg
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    friend finder
    @nrosenberg2262

Math,

Thank you for getting back to me about this.  Very interesting information.

When it’s published for SCORM as opposed to for HTML, will it change?  That’s the critical question.

At this point we have switched over to Lectora online and are working in a collaborative mode now.  That seems to have corrected some of the problems.

#401429 Score: 0
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    118 pts
    @mnotermans5114

Publishing to SCORM opposed to HTML shouldnot make much difference in look and feel, because beside of specific Scorm code and the packaging to a Zip there is not that much that differs between the two. Offcourse working both in Lectora Online will correct some of the differences. In fact i stumbled on a similar issue recently, while me and a collegea both do work in Lectora Online. Difference here was the other guy works on Mac and i on PC, so allthough the difference is explainable and i wasnot very surprised, it isnot good.

As a sidenote, although publishing to Scorm shouldnot make much difference, the influence of your LMS actually is. On different LMS’s courses tend to look slightly different. So in the end your final test should be on the LMS.

Kind regards,
    Math

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.