Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Lectora: Randomizing test answers causes lesson too freak out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phineas Fuhrmeister
    Phineas Fuhrmeister
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    @pfuhrmeister.5687

Our lesson is pretty much done, but the last thing we decided to try to add on was randomizing the test questions (order they are given)

We simply went onto the test object and selected ‘randomly select pages: Pages from Test: 4’ We only have 4 questions right now.

We also show the test results at the end (option under TEST -> Results)

When the user gets all the way through the test, the results pop up for a split second, and then it goes right back too the beginning of the test section! Whether or not they pass or fail does not matter.

This gets the user stuck in an endless loop.

Likewise we want to remove the ability to resume in the middle of a Test (User is taking a test.. backs out and then comes back later) we don’t want them to be able to do this.

How can I randomize  my test questions while still showing feedback? If we CAN get them to be able to stop in the middle of a test, come back, and have everything function properly than I suppose that is ideal, but we are also okay with just preventing them from resuming in the middle of the test all together.

Randomizing the test questions given has completely broken our lesson test section. Please help!

Lectora Product Version: v18.1.13

#434206 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    20 pts
    @cainam

From the Results tab of the test, do you have ‘Show Test Results’ checked?

#434208 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    315 pts
    @timk

Can you share the AWT file?

I tested a test of 4 randomized questions with Display results and it worked alright. Whatever happens the user should not be directed to the beginning of the test by default. Do you have any “Process test / survey” actions on your results page? Where do you mean to direct the user when the test is done?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.