Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers Lectora v17.1.7 translation issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jason Kirk
    Jason Kirk
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jkirk8179

Wondered if anyone that has recently upgraded to Lectora v17.1.7 has encountered the same issue as one of my colleagues.

He has sent a completed course to translation, received the relevant .rtf’s back and is now in the process of re-integrating these translations.

However, what he has noticed is that if he imports the .rtf file back into the course and quickly does a publish (whether HTML, SCORM or otherwise) all pages he has not visited or checked yet in Lectora remain in the previous language. Yet when he scrolls through the course the text is in the correct languages, almost as if Lectora is publishing from the original authoring language.

I have checked the translated files and can find nothing that could explain this. It’s almost as if Lectora has cached the language from the text boxes and isn’t overwriting the cache until the developer loads the page.

#409514 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darin Lueken
    Darin Lueken
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    verified member
    5 pts
    @dlueken

Hi Jason,

I am wondering if the problem could be resolved by selecting “Publish all pages” on the “HTML Options” page when publishing.  The other pages may have been missed if the “Publish only updated pages” option is selected.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #409525 Score: 0
    Jason Kirk
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jkirk8179

Hi Darin,

Thanks for the reply.

I initially thought it could be that, but I have received the Source Files and have tried it myself ensuring that the ‘Publish all pages’ radio was checked and have managed to replicate the issue.

#409875 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Could it possibly be a bad install?  Was the process “Run as Administrator”?

#409929 Score: 0
    Jason Kirk
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jkirk8179

That could be the case. Not sure if it was “Run as Administrator” as my colleague is in one of our other locations in another country.

From my own personal experience I have never needed to “Run as Adminstrator” on any previous version of Lectora for it to install correctly.

All I would say is that after a few days of investigation 3 of us in different locations have encountered the error with v17.1.7 and as a precaution I have asked that everyone uninstall and re-install a more stable version of Lectora 17.

#410155 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Did you submit a support ticket about the issue? That way development can take a look to see if they can find an underlying cause.

#410211 Score: 0
    Jason Kirk
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jkirk8179

Hi Jennifer,

I hadn’t for the issue itself. I had raised a ticket to get a full download of Lectora 17.0 so that we can revert back to 17.0.

Wanted to see if this was an issue anyone else experienced first.

J

#410357 Score: 0
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    113 pts
    @jvalley4735

Are you still in need of the file? I can check on the case if you’d like me to.

#410412 Score: 0
    Jason Kirk
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @jkirk8179

No need now, they sent through the Lectora 17.0 installation file. I am interested to see if any other users have experience this issue though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.