Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Lightbox in an iFrame

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

Our classes all operate in an iFrame.  I want to have a pop-up page show up in a lightbox.  I’ve set the Title Options to NOT use Web Accessibility Options.  When I publish, I have Use Lightbox Pop-ups checked.  I have the Actions under the button set to Open in New Window and Window Style set to Lightbox.  When I publish and view my class in the iFrame, nothing happens.

Question – do lightboxes work in iFrames?  I even changed the size of the iFrame to slightly smaller than the class – but it still doesn’t show.

#323412 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

I went out after my post and published to a location that is not in the iFrame.  It worked like it should, so the iFrame is the issue.  Is there a way to fix or get around this?

#323436 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

I know I sound like a broken record but can you please post a sample for everyone?

#323481 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

It looks to be a known issues in their forums.  They suggest opening Firefox in Safe Mode to confirm the issue.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/979738

The issue doesn’t seem to have an easy resolution. They recommend changing the setting on your personal computer. From an eLearning perspective, that’s usually not something that you can control.  I would suggest moving forward with your new method of development.

#323482 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

Thanks for both answers.  You’re right about it being an issue – sometimes.  We have lightboxes that do pop-up in iFrames done in asp.net.  I think the issue is the options in Lectora.  I guess I could have my programmer do code for me to resolve the issue.  I’m pushing hard for a deadline TODAY so let me revisit this maybe tomorrow.  And yes – I need to upload examples – thanks for the reminder, Darrel.  I’ve been working 10 hour days for over 2 weeks to meet this deadline and I’m not thinking straight.  I do apologize.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.