Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration LMSSetValue Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adriana7707
    Adriana7707
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    @Adriana7707

Hi,

I keep on getting this error message when I upload SCORM files to LMS: LMSSetValue Error: cmi.core.lesson_location to [a001_cover.html]Not initialized

Does anyone know what the cause is and how I can fix it?

#302267 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Thanks for commenting Adriana and my apologies for not responded quicker. Can you provide me with some more information like the LMS that your using, version of Lectora your running and if the course is opening in a new window?  From what I’m told the error message is an initialization error that happens when the LMS cannot determine if the course has truly ran the function to initialize the course.

#302297 Score: 0
    Adriana7707
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    @Adriana7707

Hi Jennifer, thanks for getting back to me. I am using Docebo E-learning. LOVE LOVE the user friendliness of the LMS, there is just 2 errors that I keep on experiencing and they say it is something I’m doing wrong in Lectora. I did not get this error on SCORM Cloud. I’m on version 11.3 in Lectora. The course is not opening a new window, even though I told it to when publishing to SCORM. I have so much to learn still and these errors drive me nuts, cause I don’t know how to fix them. I always know how to fix something, lol.

#302625 Score: 1
    Profile photo of KineoUK
    KineoUK
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    LUC16 Attendee
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    entry
    winner
    2 pts
    @KineoUK

Hi,

If you have definitely set the course to ‘Launch course in seperate window from the LMS’ then more than likely they are not setting it to open in a new window from the LMS. I have experienced this before where a client didn’t know they had to select this option. Only watching them upload to the LMS did I know for sure they were doing it wrong.

You can see the steps here for the Docebo LMS – you have to specify how the course is launched from the LMS i.e. a New Window.

Might not be the issue, but hopefully it is, as it’s an easy fix.

Ta,

Mark.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #302626 Score: 0
    Adriana7707
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    @Adriana7707

Thanks Mark, you are my HERO! It worked.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.