Explore the community Forums CenarioVR CenarioVR Questions & Answers Loading stops on Android Browsers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keitaro Sugiyama
    Keitaro Sugiyama
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @ksugiyama8330

Dear CVR team,

I found an issue on Android smartphones. I put the html 5 scenarios on my webspace and checked the behavior. It works perfect on iOS ( both Chrome and Safari ). But it seems data loading stops on Android smartphones ( Android 8.1 and 7.0, so far I have checked. )

Please take a look on the attached photo. Could you check it and solve it?

This is the test scenario URL on my webserver.
    https://kourakusha.com/cvr/

I really love Cenario VR. This is really an amazing system! 😀

#421146 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    28 pts
    @johnb

I’ve tried a few Android devices here (Galaxy S8, Google Pixel 2XL), and it loaded and ran fine on the Pixel, seemed to have troubles on the S8, although it is a very long loading time, and once I did need to refresh the browser.  Have you considered hosting in the public area of CenarioVR and linking to the content? The CenarioVR servers and content delivery network are set up to handle worldwide video delivery and should give you better performance.  Its very similar to other content you have published in the public area, and that content appears to load much quicker and very reliably.

Can you try publishing it to the Public area of CenarioVR and loading from there?

#421191 Score: 0
    Keitaro Sugiyama
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @ksugiyama8330

Hello John,  thank you very much for your quick and detailed reply.

Yes, it works well on the CenarioVR servers, though sometimes it takes long time and I have to reload it on Android 8.1/ <span class=”il”>Moto</span> G5S.

I was wondering to ask some more questions.

1. What is the best use? Typical use of publishing scenarios in HTML 5 package?

2. I would like  the users to focus on only my scenarios but not on other public scenarios. Is there any way to control like that?  I don’t want menu buttons on the user’s screens. Please take a look on the attached photos.

#423140 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    28 pts
    @johnb

Publishing to an HTML 5 package could have a variety of uses:

You could embed it within other course material, for instance in a Lectora course where only part of the course would be a 360 experience. Its likely the content would not be consumed in a VR device, but would be viewed in a Web browser

You could also put it directly in an iFrame on your website, again, generally not viewed through a headset

For your second point, we have on our roadmap a setting on your organization to not allow public scenarios to be viewed.

#423414 Score: 0
    Keitaro Sugiyama
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @ksugiyama8330

Hello John, thank you very much for your kind reply. I’m sorry for taking time to reply. I’ve been out of town for a while.

I’m looking forward to hearing about the next upgrade on your road map!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.