Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Matching Question character limitation issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jill Searcy
    Jill Searcy
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @jsearcy

I have a matching question that has terms and descriptions to match but the descriptions contain too much text to fit in the matching dialog boxes. My work around is to add the text to the textboxes after I’ve created the question directly on the page. Has anyone had issues with this? If so, what did you do to overcome it? (Lectora 11v2a)

#288255 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

No, I have not. You should be able to edit the text boxes outside the Question Creator.

Know that matching is not a good choice for this type activity. Activities should help imprint the correct info. Matching imprints a bunch of criss-crossed lines. Not very useful. Much better is to use a drag and drop. then the terms are next to the definitions. For many of my clients I use several 1 drag and 1 drop location D&Ds on a page. This way, the Drag Item will only drop in one place making feedback so much simpler. I use a transparent gif or even Lectora shape. Works very well and clients love it.

#288257 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

@benpitman 60864 wrote:

Activities should help imprint the correct info. Matching imprints a bunch of criss-crossed lines.

Quote of the month! 🙂

#288256 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jill Searcy
    Jill Searcy
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    1 pt
    @jsearcy

Thanks for the response. Dr Lectora! I know I can count on you and Sergey for a valuable response! 🙂 I actually did talk the client into presenting the question differently instead of using my work around. I was just curious how others were handling the issue of character limitation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.