Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @broeme

Does anyone have experience building Lectora content for the MindFlash LMS?  I’ve got a client attempting to import my courses (SCORM 1.2) into that system.  The courses import without error, but when launched, the content is all jumbled.  It looks like the CSS or some other scripting is being stopped from running.  I’ve published the content in a variety of ways (AJAX, Java, same/different window as LMS…and many others) without success.

MindFlash says it supports Storyline and Captivate SCORM content, and sure enough, if I import one of my Storyline titles, it works as expected.

Thanks in advance!

#304977 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

For some reason, MindFlash does not return ‘true’ to Lectora’s LMS calls, and therefore Lectora’s “D.toString()” function fails when D is not defined. I edited Lectora’s apiwrapper11.js to avoid that but then MindFlash tried to do a cross-domain call to CloudFront, which didn’t work and failed, and the script stopped. So I confirm that MindFlash doesn’t support Lectora (LO3 at least) but I suspect this might be Mindflash’s fault. I also think this could be resolved by a bit of code digging, thanks to Lectora being so open to messing with its scripts.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #305640 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    8 pts
    @broeme

Thanks Sergey.  I’ve got some development resources that I can tap on.  I’ll bring them in on this and see if they can break through.  Of course, I’ll share any findings with the Forum.

BrianR

#353420 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    71 pts
    @wheels

I opened a support request with Mindflash

Request #107708
    Publishing Lectora SCORM content

We are expecting a true or false return value for the LMSSetValue. I checked and that is in the SCORM 1.2 specification as well.
    http://xml.coverpages.org/SCORM-12-RunTimeEnv.pdf (see LMSSetValue)

UPDATE: Mindflash said they currently are not able to support SCORM 1.2

If you are using Mindflash and publishing to SCORM 1.2 using Lectora Online I am attaching a modified file you can replace in your SCORM zip file.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Joe Wieloch Joe Wieloch.
    Attachments:
    1. apiwrapper11.zip
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.