Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Missing Audio Controls on iPad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of uditbaranwal
    uditbaranwal
    @uditbaranwal

Hello,

I inserted audio in one of my Lectora title, and I chose a skin for audio player from within Lectora itself. When I view the published output on a PC, the player appears as it appeared in Lectora. However, if I view this content on an iPad, it is changed to a default audio controller of Safari browser of iPad. This leads to another issue that this default player does not have a feature of MUTE, as opposed to the one for PC has it.

I believe ‘muting’ an audio/video is not possible with iPad, as quoted in the following PDF:

http://developer.apple.com/library/safari/documentation/AudioVideo/Conceptual/Using_HTML5_Audio_Video/Using_HTML5_Audio_Video.pdf

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I want to have the same UI/features for an audio player for PC and iPad. Common features like play/pause/mute/progress-bar/elapsed time/total time etc…

Udit

#285490 Score: 0
    Profile photo of rdummer
    rdummer
    @rdummer

I have the same problem. Did you fix it?

Roberto

#285489 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

iOS devices do not allow you to programmatically change volume or mute media in a HTML page. This is something that has always to be controlled via hardware buttons.

I suggest you check out browser detection blog (http://lectora.com/blog/browser-detection-lectora/) and then show iPad users a little reminder along the lines of “this course has audio, use your iPad volume keys to regulate it”.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.