Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers More Drag-and-Drop layering zIndex questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SB Chapman
    SB Chapman
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    Group Member
    @schapman1885

I’ve been working off the code that I found in this thread: https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/drag-and-drop-question-layering/

I have a drag-and-drop interaction. I’m trying to ensure that I layer a few template based items (Contents, Glossary, etc.) above the dnd choices. I’m running an action group that shows the Table of Contents. It isn’t assigned a class, so I can’t getElementsByClassName. That’s fine, I’m using getElementById.  I would like to use an html extension to update the css to set the zIndex for a few items like the TOC to always be at a higher level. Does anyone know if Lectora searches for the highest zIndex to set the dnd choices, or if I try this will it work?  If it won’t work… how do I ensure that my TOC (and related objects) are indeed the highest zIndex so that they appear on top?

#381658 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jason Dalrymple
    Jason Dalrymple
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    picture perfect
    54 pts
    @JasonADal

I think this post might be helpful, even though the original post was not about layering:

Conditional Include in TOC

Towards the end, we added a class to the TOC to change the Z-index so it was higher than the base page elements. I believe the post you reference indicates that questions get a z-index of 1000, so maybe set the TOC to 1500 and other elements in order from there?

#381689 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

In Jasons’ course we had to keep the reading order in mind as well. Won’t the standard way to put the TOC, and the Glossary “Always on top” be enough to keep it over the page elements?

#381882 Score: 0
    SB Chapman
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    Group Member
    @schapman1885

TimK, I have tried just using the “always on top” however, none of the TOC elements actually wind up on top. Give me a bit to look at it again. It currently looks like this…. you can see that the choices are layered on top… and the TOC group is layered below.

Attachments:
    #381940 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Very difficult to troubleshoot without seeing the title. Can you share the file?

I tested successfully to bring a shape on title level over a dnd question on a page in Lectora 17.1. Have you checked whether the question is “always on top” as well?

#384784 Score: 0
    SB Chapman
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    contributor
    curious george
    Group Member
    @schapman1885

So, I came up with an answer to this… I used both

$(“div[id*=’dropzone’]”).hide()

items[i].style.visibility = “hidden”; (with Tim’s loop). I didn’t care if they stayed visible or not.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of SB Chapman SB Chapman.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.