Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jcristol
    jcristol
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @jcristol

I have an image centered on my page. At a certain point in my voice-over I want my image to move to the left. I’ve added an event in my voice-over file that says “move”. When I Sync events and then I go to set the x/y coordinates it all seems correct. The problem is, when I test it out it moves the image no where near where I want it to go. I cannot figure out what I’m doing wrong. I got the x/y from placing it where I want it to go and copying down the x/y from the properties tab. Is that not the correct way?

One thing to note, the image is a group of images–basically a box with a flow chart on top of it. Is it the grouping that’s messing it up?

Someone smarter than me please help. 🙂

#296942 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

It should work the way you expect it, unless you made a simple mistake like copying width and height instead of X and Y.

Can you share your project, published HTML or at least a few screenshots of how you’ve set it up?

#296980 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jcristol
    jcristol
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    @jcristol

Thank you for your feedback.

I had just taken the x/y for the outside image of the group. Well, of course, that’s the one that moved to the correct spot but the inside image of the group got all funky.

Image 1 shows where I want to move it to including its properties. Image 2 shows the grouping.

What I ended up doing was creating an move action for each image in the group and now they move together to the correct location.

Is there a way to find out the x/y of the group? When I go to properties I don’t see this information (Image 2 as well).

Thank you again!

#296987 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

The X of a group is the X of the left-most image. The Y of a group is the Y of the top-most image. After you figure out where that point is, you can treat that point as the normal coordinates of any other object.

This post has received 2 votes up.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.