Explore the community Forums Lectora Inspire Tools Questions & Answers MP4 Video Conflict in V.16+?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy Lockwood
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    12 pts
    @alockwood6897

I have Inspire v.16.0, but a coworker has upgraded to 16.2.

I have a video that I exported in MP4 via Adobe Media Encoder (I do not recall the specific settings) but he has run into issues where the video will not play once published on CourseMill. I have no issues with this video playing in any of my own courses.

He found a workaround by importing the video in Camtasia and exporting is out as an MP4, and it seems to be working for him now. But now, I am hesitant to upgrade above 16.0 if it is going to cause me any new issues.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Is there something I can change in my export settings in Adobe that could correct this? Importing a video into Camtasia just to export it again seems like a step that could be prevented in some other fashion. I also don’t want to mess with video quality by importing/exporting unnecessarily.

#324120 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Scarbrough
    Jennifer Scarbrough
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @jscarbrough2582

Yes, I have had the same issue.  I’d like to know what the fix would be for this issue as well.

#324128 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

Can either of you provide the course and videos files for our @support team to take a look at?

#324129 Score: 0
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    12 pts
    @alockwood6897

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”><span class=”bbp-user-nicename”><span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>jvalley4735 – I’ll see if I can get my hands on the course.</span></div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”></div>

#324174 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Scarbrough
    Jennifer Scarbrough
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @jscarbrough2582

We have determined on ours it is a Citrix setting issue.  It is fine when played outside Citrix but inside of Citrix the mp4 does not play, just a black box.  Not sure what settings need to be changed, our network team is currently looking at it.  If your technical team has any ideas they would greatly be appreciated and welcomed.

#324463 Score: 0
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    12 pts
    @alockwood6897

Sorry about the delay. Here’s a dummy AWT my coworker exported for this experiment.

Attachments:
    1. Video_Demo.zip
    #324493 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

I just downloaded the course and checked it in HTML, SCORM, and uploaded into CourseMill.  My best guess is that a computer or browser settings interfering with the video.  Can you open a @support ticket (there’s a “Submit a Support Ticket” button under the Active Users group on the page)? They should be able to help you look into the issue further.

#356793 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    4 pts
    @broeme

Hello everyone.  I’m curious if the Citrix setting was indeed the cause, and if identified, what was the value change to make videos play properly?

My issue is similar, but not identical.  I have a client who can view my video courses via Citrix using Chrome with no problems.  Using IE11 however, causes the videos to not play.

I don’t have much additional information yet, but saw this thread, and figured it was worth an early shot…thanks!

#356795 Score: 2
    Andy Lockwood
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    advanced
    verified member
    product reviewer
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    picture perfect
    12 pts
    @alockwood6897

My apologies. I definitely should have updated this when we actually came across a solution. If I recall correctly, it was remedied by updating 16.2 at the time to the next patch.

With the advent of v.17, we don’t run into any video issues any longer (knock on wood) as long as our users are accessing our courses through Chrome.
    For the most part, experiences in Firefox or IE are fine, but I would say about 1 in 10 run into critical failures trying to play videos – those issues don’t exist when they access the course in Chrome.

Hope that helps, <span class=”handle-sign”>@</span>broeme!

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #356874 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Brian Roemer
    Brian Roemer
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    contributor
    wise owl
    product reviewer
    picture perfect
    4 pts
    @broeme

Thanks for the quick reply Andy!  The courses in question were published with 16.2.2, but I could certainly test 17.0.3 to see if that increases the IE success rate.

I’m in the process of normal troubleshooting (frequency of issue, browser config, direct access vs. citrix…etc)  Ultimately, it sounds like it may come down to a Citrix compatibility issue.  If IE and Citrix don’t play well together, there may not be much for us on to affect on the content development side.

I’ll update the thread with any “ah ha” moments.  Thanks again!

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.