Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Mulitple button instances when published

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jcs315
    jcs315
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jcs315

Hi,

When I use the same button or shape/line on several pages, a new button/image instance is created for each page it is on when it is published. For example, if I have a submit button (whether created as an image or shape) on 10 pages of my course, when I publish, I now have 10 submit buttons in my images folder, each with a number in the name, button147013.png, actually I have 40 images, because there are four states for each button. I am using Lectora 12 and we did not have this issue in our previous version.  This is causing a file size issue and I’m unsure how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!!

#323036 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Yep, Lectora does this for all buttons, including transparent buttons (in Lectora 12 that is… starting with Lectora 16, transparent buttons do not create extra images). Lectora is set to move to vector-based buttons that shouldn’t do this in the next version.

As a workaround, I would abandon buttons and just add actions to images and/or text boxes directly. It is easy to style a text box or an image to look like a button. You can even do the hover effect with MouseEnter and MouseExit actions (although I wouldn’t bother with this in particular). This would drastically reduce the number of images in your title.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #324714 Score: 0
    Profile photo of jcs315
    jcs315
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    2 pts
    @jcs315

Thanks Sergey. We just moved to Lectora 12, so who knows when we’ll get to 16 or higher. We were so excited about having buttons states in 12.  I’ll have to play around see what I can come up with.  Thanks for replying!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.