Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Multiple Logo Options Depending on Customer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

I have several classes developed that will be sold over and over to multiple clients.  If I were to put multiple logos in the Title level, but make them hidden, is there a way to display the logo of the client automatically when the client is identified?  And if so – how would the client identify themselves?  Maybe on a Welcome page – they click an option box?  ??  Thinking out loud here.

My scenario is public schools.  If XYZ School has the classes available in their account for their students, I’d like their logo to display in the class.  The same for ABC School.  Each of these schools would have different accounts and their own list of students.

I’m trying to keep from making a lot of different copies of these classes.

#317943 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    picture perfect
    curious george
    114 pts
    @jvalley4735

You could definetly show the logo based on a selection at the beginning of the course.  I would add a field or two (even three) to the first page which would be unbranded. You could even go as far as collecting their job title to use it in scenarios.  On the page would be a text field where the user can insert their name;giving you the chance to personalize the course.  Then have a drop down or multiple choice survey question where they select the school they’re associated to.  Have the drop down change the value of a variable (schoolid) to a value based on which school is selected (abcschool).  Then on the next page have an action that on show show abc school logo if schoolid is equal to abcschool or show xyz school logo if schoolid is equal to xyzschool and so on.

Here’s an example that was posted awhile ago that using the same principals in a different application.

https://community.trivantis.com/shared-content/displaying-variable-values-examples-complex/

P.S. I like this idea so much I might try to put my own example together tomorrow 🙂

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #317948 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

Thank you for the quick response.  I will try it!

#317996 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Darrel Somoza
    Darrel Somoza
    contributor
    friend finder
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    advanced
    wise owl
    curious george
    199 pts
    @Klaatu

Can you elaborate on what your intention is? Is it that you do not want to have to change a logo and re-publish for each new client? If I understand what you are looking to do correctly then it would not only require you to know every possible future client but it would also result in a tremendous file.

You can set this up with a placeholder logo that would be replaced by the client. All the client would have to do is, once they install the lesson, overwrite the placeholder logo file with their own. This can accomplished in a couple of ways, here’s an example.

If you download the attached and extract the zip it will result in a folder called “webObject” (no quotes). Inside is the “html” folder with the sample output. Inside, double click the “index.html” file to see the example. Leave this window open. Next, use the file explorer and inside the “html” folder open the “extern” folder and then the “webwin42” folder inside that. You should now see another “index.html” file along with “starbucks.jpg”, “lego.jpg” and “logo.jpg”.

Rename the “logo.jpg” to “hp.jpg” and then rename the “starbucks.jpg” to “logo.jpg”. Go back to the open lesson window that has the HP logo and refresh. Viola, you should now see the Starbucks logo. No re-publishing necessary. It might have seemed like a lot of work but what you really only did was replace one .jpg with another. You do not have to know who your clients are ahead of time and there is no extra graphics in your published material.

If no one else chimes in with a better idea (there’s some brilliant folks here) and If you think this could be a solution for you then let me know and I will write out step-by-step instructions.

By the way, ToolBook, the now defunct authoring system, had a powerful widget that basically did the same thing as this without any extra work. It just pointed to a folder of your choosing and whatever content you put in there would replace what was currently in the lesson without having to re-export. It was a great way to include something like a header with “recent happenings” or such. Other than using the “Web object” in Lectora, I do not see an object like that.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    Attachments:
    1. WebObject.zip
    #318080 Score: 0
    Profile photo of TxLady
    TxLady
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @TxLady

Interesting.  I will open the zip file and follow your instructions and see if that works.

I am trying to avoid customizing a bunch of classes for 72 entities.  Each entity will have access to all of the classes, but I’d like each entity to see their own logo.  I don’t want to make 72 versions of each class.  If there are 10 classes that comes to 72 “unique” versions.

I’m glad to see so many smart people out there to help me look smart!  Thanks for taking the time to help problem solve my issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.