Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Navigation between assignable units

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Emilija Pirganoska
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Hello everyone,

Is there a way that I can create links between multiple assignable units in Lectora? I know it is done by the LMS, but I need to connect the AUs in Lectora while I am making the course so that users don’t have to use the menu in Moodle and select the next AU after completing the previous one. Can this be done using some javascript/extension/action… something?

Thank you.

#363292 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

In the settings of the scorm activity in moodle, you can set “Auto-Continue” to “Yes”. This makes moodle continue with the next AU when the previous one has been finished. The action in Lectora to move on to the next AU is “Exit title / Close window”. You’d have to make the first a prerequisite of the second in Lectora.

This should work when you open the course in the same window.

If you open the course in a new window, the window is closed, but when the user opens the course again, it will display the second AU (if the first has been completed / passed / failed).

Of course I don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, but normally I’d advise to use two separate courses with one AU each and use moodles conditions to make the second available when the first has been finished.

#363344 Score: 0
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your answer. I tried that, but it didn’t work. What am I trying to achieve is this: I want only one course with three AUs in it and I want to be able to go directly to the second AU after I finish the first one (without using the menu on the left). Is it possible to be made somehow?

Thanks.

#363384 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

Here’s a sample of a title with 3 AUs. I tested it (Scorm 1.2) in moodle 3.1 and it worked both in the same and in a new window.

Attachments:
    1. TitleWith3AUs.zip
    #363542 Score: 0
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

Thanks again for your answer, but it’s not really what I need. When I click the button “Next AU” it just marks the current AU as passed (because of the action Exit/Close), but it still doesn’t take me to the next AU (I mean the first page of the next AU).

Other thing, I am using SCORM 2004, so is this method appropriate for this version of SCORM too?

#363554 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    355 pts
    @timk

It was working in my test. The “Next AU” button closes the current AU and opens the next. Did you set “Auto-continue” to “Yes” in moodle? Which version of moodle is it? As far as I know moodle doesn’t support Scorm 2004.

Did you test with the scorm package in the ZIP I’ve uploaded?

#363575 Score: 0
    Emilija Pirganoska
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    contributor
    @epirganoska9037

I tested it and it worked, in SCORM 1.2. I know that Moodle is not SCORM 2004 compliant, but we made some changes and now it is. Still, this solution is not appropriate for SCORM 2004 🙁 Anyway, thanks for your help and if you remember of something else that could help me, I would really appreciate if you share it with me.

All the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.