Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Need help with Captivate video in my Lectora course

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmcclusk
    dmcclusk
    beginner
    intermediate
    @dmcclusk

Hi. In my Lectora course I added a Captivate video (which I created and published to a .exe file). I published the Lectora course and uploaded it to our Cornerstone LMS.

The course launches and runs fine from the Cornerstone LMS until I click the button that should launch the .exe video. It doesn’t work. Instead it opens a separate window that says “The page cannot be found”.

Could someone direct me on how to accomplish this please?

a. Should I publish the Captivate video to .exe or is there a better format I should use?
    b. In the Lectora course I added the .exe file to the “Additional files” tab under Title Properties. Is this correct?
    c. The button I use to launch the video is configured to, “On Click”, to “Launch a program or document”, with the attached .exe specified (and to open in a separate window). Is this right?
    d. Instead of configuring the button to do this (as in c. above), should I add an action after the button to launch the .exe? If so, what paramenters should I use?
    e. Is this impossible with the current technologies?

Thanks for any help. Dan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.