Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Needing help with an activity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy Huneycutt
    Amy Huneycutt
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    @ahuneycutt2283

Hi Lectora friends!

We are working on a course about ovens in our stores.  In this activity, we want the user to take the green scrub pad and wash the inside of the oven and to hit all the panels (there are 7 – left, top, back, bottom, interior door, heating element).  The desire is to only have 1 green scrub pad (because they’d only use 1 in real life), drag it to the oven to “clean” the interior of the oven, and for our foam to appear.  They get the activity right if they hit all 7 areas.

Figure A – the start of the activity with the wet oven, wash bucket, and green scrub pad

Figure B – example of the user dragging the green scrub pad to left panel and foam appearing on the interior left panel

I feel like drag and drop could be an option but I don’t want there to be more than 1 scrub pad, there are 7 drop zones, and I’d prefer the scrub pad not to snap back to the bucket.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

#377542 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    352 pts
    @timk

You could try something like this. It’s not completely finished, but if you saw my oven you’d know I don’t know how to fully clean it 😉

Tim

Attachments:
    1. cleantheoven.zip
    #377687 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Amy Huneycutt
    Amy Huneycutt
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    picture perfect
    LUC17 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    @ahuneycutt2283

Thank you Tim! I hadn’t thought about changing the cursor into the green scrub pad.  So I took your course and added all of my elements but I can’t seem to get it to work right.  I’m sure I’ve fumbled with the coding somewhere, it is not my forte. Any help would be appreciated!

#377814 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    352 pts
    @timk

Here’s a new version. I changed some things to make it easier, e.g. I found the javascript was not required.

Your file above misses the “extern” folder, that is required to make it work in IE. The transparent rectangle and all “cleaning areas” need to have the CSS Class “scrubpad”. This is responsible for displaying the image instead of the default cursor while the mouse is over it. If you need more cleaning areas you can either copy one of the existing or give the new one this class.

Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.