Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers No correct or incorrect answers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JWheat
    JWheat
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JWheat

Hello,

I’m developing a survey within Lectora as a series of questions.

I would like to use Radio buttons:

Sample Question:

Are you male or female?

a) Male

b) Female

c) Prefer not to answer

By default, Lectora wants one of these to be correct and reports that as correct and the others as wrong to the LMS.  Lectora also reports A, B or C depending on the users choice.

We need to capture the A, B or C but don’t want the LMS to show correct or incorrect to the learner … all responses should be considered correct (or blank).

We are using Saba LMS.

Anybody have a workaround to avoid the answers being shown as incorrect?

Suggestions welcome!

Thank you

Jon

#427045 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

How about building the ‘visible’ question the user will see that it is not officially graded, and have the visible question populate a hidden question behind the scenes (fill in the blank) where any of those 3 answers are identified as correct entries?  would the fill in the blank entry be submitted to the LMS?  (I personally don’t deal much with submitting question results to an LMS).

#427048 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Johnattan Barona
    Johnattan Barona
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    contributor
    curious george
    5 pts
    @jbarona9656

Hi, are you actually using the survey object to contain the questions? From what I’m seeing in the question creator, when you go to create a question within a Survey the correct question is not and cannot be selected.

#427054 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JWheat
    JWheat
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JWheat

So I switched to using the Survey rather than Test … the Radio Button questions in surveys do not have a correct value setting … so the LMS actually sees every answer as “Wrong” … which is not exactly what I was looking for.

#427061 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JWheat
    JWheat
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JWheat

Unfortunately the visible and invisible questions both seem to get submitted to the LMS … I can force the Invisible questions to be “correct” but I haven’t found a way to remove the scoring for the invisible questions.

#427064 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    296 pts
    @timk

I like Adams suggestion. You could use the invisible “Fill in the blank” question and use a “Radio button group” (form element) to modify the question. If all options are correct the LMS should at least save the answer as “correct”. This should look better for the user, although of course it’s neither “correct” nor “incorrect” to be male. The only remaining “incorrect” evaluation would be an empty / unanswered question. Then you can easily interpret the output as “answered” (correct), “unanswered” (incorrect).

#427067 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

Jon – check out the attached example of how it might work.  I left the fill in the blank question initially visible so that you can see how it populates based on the radio button group selection.  So just make sure your fill in the blank is set to initially hidden

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #427090 Score: 0
    Profile photo of JWheat
    JWheat
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @JWheat

Thanks Adam … that looks like it will work … using the radio group rather than a survey question will eliminate the need for additional responses going back to the LMS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.