Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration Non-Scored Pre-Test in Workday Learning LMS?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Maggie Lee
    Maggie Lee
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mdoriacfroehlig9875

Hello Everyone:

I work with a team of instructional designers using Lectora Inspire, and I am new to Lectora. We are developing a dozen eLearning modules, that include a 5-question final quiz each. What I’d like to do is have a short pre-test (same questions as the final quiz), to gather data on where our learners are on each topic. We have very heterogeneous groups coming in.

Our LMS (Workday Learning) apparently does not allow 2 scores within the same learning object, which is fine. My question is: could we set up the pre-test in a way that would not yield a score (and hence would not appear on the learner’s transcript in the LMS), while still getting detailed data on the learners’ responses?

Has anyone run into this issue? I can set up the test elsewhere on our system (other tool) but since they are already built, I’d prefer using these. Thank you so much for your help!

Maggie

#417379 Score: 3
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    10 pts
    @cainam

Can you have more than one content object as part of the same item in your LMS?  If so, you could break out the pre-test and make it it’s own content object. (Launch pre-test in first content object, have that report the pretest score, then user opens up the 2nd content object – the full module with post test).

Another option would be to have the content report out to google docs, but likely would be more work than your other backup if you are not familiar with this option already… I’m not sure of another option – someone else might though!

This post has received 3 votes up.
    #417383 Score: 1
    Maggie Lee
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mdoriacfroehlig9875

Thanks, Adam, for the quick answer. When I discussed the 2 learning objects within the LMS with the LMS Admin, he said that both scores will go on the learner’s transcript.

I was hoping there’d be a way to set up the pre-test in Lectora that would avoid the scoring being sent to the LMS but Google docs or Microsoft Forms may seem like a fix for now, I agree.

Thanks a lot!

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #417394 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    262 pts
    @timk

I don’t know Workday, but it’s rather a Scorm thing that only one score is accepted: the score for the whole module. In Lectora this is AICC_Score. By default this “overall score” is made by calculating the average of all test scores in the course. But you can modify this logic.

Make a copy of your test chapter and unselected “Include test score in overall score” on the Results tab of the test properties. Through this you’ll still have the score for the pretest but it won’t be calculated into the score for the course.

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #417396 Score: 2
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    10 pts
    @cainam

If you want, you can have the pretest set up as a form inside Lectora, and have the content submit to google docs behind the scene without the user seeing a 2nd interface of some sort (if trying to keep it all in the module).  Have the questions in a Form, and under the properties of the form, have it submit to Google Drive.  There is a help document out there for this: (I think you can have the test submit to google drive as well, I wasn’t sure if it would be a cleaner option to use a Form option vs Test if you have another test in the title)

Using Google Drive to Collect Results from Lectora

This post has received 2 votes up.
    #417399 Score: 0
    Maggie Lee
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mdoriacfroehlig9875

Hello again,

@ Tim – this sounds like a good option to test out. Will definitely give it a shot. Thanks!

@adam – thank you for sharing the details on this other option. It seems like there was enough of a need to have it available.

Maggie

#417457 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

Agreeing with Tim, but one thing to add: if you can use xAPI you can save arbitrary name-value pairs, like ‘pretest-question-one-answer:False”. Unfortunately xAPI is not widely supported yet,

#417459 Score: 0
    Maggie Lee
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mdoriacfroehlig9875

I briefly looked at xAPI, but would need to investigate further as I am not sure that it is fully supported by our LMS, as you mentioned. Thanks!

#417524 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    13 pts
    @CarlFink

I got curious and checked their web site.

I used to be a software marketer, and I have to challenge Workday’s decision to keep the features of their products secret.

I had to do a bit of hunting and find the concealed datasheet in order to discover that at least as of when that was created, their LMS only supports SCORM and AICC, no xAPI. Sorry.

#417541 Score: 0
    Maggie Lee
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    1 pt
    @mdoriacfroehlig9875

Thank you for checking on the xAPI feature!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.