Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Overlapping Elements and Transition Animation Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicholas Raine
    Nicholas Raine
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    friend finder
    @Raine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563[/ATTACH]

Hey All,

I have been having an issue with, as the title indicates, elements that I’ve overlapped are in effect, cutting out parts of the elements behind them. Most noticeable when the elements Transition into screen and Transition out. However there is still this cut-out effect happening to some elements even when they are static. I have played around with various combinations of “Always on Top” tick-box, but has had no effect. Ie In the example I have attached re: Glitches_02.jpg

There are 3 examples in that jpeg.

Background Example 1:

is of a drop down menu I created. When the menu button is clicked a rectangular white “Lectora Shape” Transitions in – Fly in from top and is grouped with a text field showing the first option and then an invisible button above that. The invisible button is the element which will open the second portion of the menu.

Issue Example 1:

When the drop-down menu animates in (Transition -> Fly), the space where you should see the text field and invisible button, does not appear and secondly it cuts out a rectangular space in the white menu drop-down where it should be. After the Transition this then displays the Textfield and the Invis button normally.

Background Example 2:

I have a notes section that animates in from the right of the screen. Example 2 is this notes “field” after the animation is complete. The Notes-button is a separate element. I then have grouped an “entry field question” and a “white background”

Issue Example 2:

You will notice that there is a part missing from the white background of the notes field. What is causing this?

Background Example 3:

This is a screen cap of the notes page during it’s Animated Transition into the page. As described in Example 2, the note button is a separate element. The “Entry field question” is in a group with the white background.

Issue Example 3:

You can see quite clearly that the white background behind the text is missing, I have no idea what is causing this?

Any and all advice/help/tips or even references to other thread questions would be great.

Thanks in advance 🙂

#286331 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    336 pts
    @ssneg

Where are you seeing this? If this is HTML or SCORM, give us browser, OS, LMS details. Otherwise, please clarify whether this is edit mode, preview, EXE or something else, providing Lectora version and OS details.

I’ve seen a ton of such annoying glitches in edit mode (especially in Lectora X) but they do not appear in the final output that the student sees.

#286332 Score: 0
    Profile photo of J S
    J S
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    contributor
    2 pts
    @ummakumma

One tip is to use 1px outline with Lectora shapes. Otherwise they are little bit blurred of form edges.

#286334 Score: 0
    Nicholas Raine
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    friend finder
    @Raine

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Attached is the project file in question in it’s simplest form for reference.

I’ve updated to Lectora Publisher 11.3.2 and as such no changes to the glitches in question. (I thought I was updated apparently the auto-updater doesn’t work as well as I had hoped)

OS – Win7 64 bit
    Intel i7 – 3.4GHz
    8GB ram
    ATI Radeon HD 5700

Browser – All, Chrome, IE, Firefox tested (Preview Mode)
    Export – EXE as well as html tested (Exported and locally tested all browsers)
    LMS – Haven’t uploaded to lms yet, I just want the dynamics to work first.
    SCORM – Yes

I have experienced the difference between preview mode not displaying correctly and then the export working but in this case it seems that the glitch follows through all the way.

#286333 Score: 0
    Nicholas Raine
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    Group Member
    friend finder
    @Raine

Hey,

So I remade the project from scratch and the problem seemed to disappear.

The original project file of mine however is still “Broken” but I can’t seem to figure out why.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.