Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers page name replaced by number

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

Anyone have any ideas on this on? Today when I piblish courses to HTML the page names are replaced in the output file with page numbers. I have had a look through preferences and publishing options but cant find any option that would be causing this to happen, as far as I am aware I have made no changes that would effect this. Im using v.11. Can anyone help solve this please, I have a lot of links outside of this referencing the html pages, it would be a massive job for me to change all of the links into it. All of the page names are correct pre-publishing its only on the output file that they are changed.

#286189 Score: 0
    Profile photo of kellykungfu
    kellykungfu
    @kellykungfu

@rhys 53096 wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on this on? Today when I piblish courses to HTML the page names are replaced in the output file with page numbers. I have had a look through preferences and publishing options but cant find any option that would be causing this to happen, as far as I am aware I have made no changes that would effect this. Im using v.11. Can anyone help solve this please, I have a lot of links outside of this referencing the html pages, it would be a massive job for me to change all of the links into it. All of the page names are correct pre-publishing its only on the output file that they are changed.

When publishing from Lectora, on the first tab there should be something to the likes of “convert page names…”. I think this is where you may have a checkmark. If so, uncheck it and republish it.

-kelly

#286191 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

Thanks Kelly, you are quite right there is an option there I had not noticed it because its grey’d out 🙁

New question …

Does anyone have any ideas why the “Convert page name to short ID-based names” option would check itself and then grey out so I cant turn it off?

#286190 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    303 pts
    @timk

That happens when you have two pages with the same name in the same chapter, i.e. When the filename would be identical.

Tim

#286192 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Rhys W
    Rhys W
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    @Rhys

Thanks Tim that was the cause of the problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.