Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carolyn Barless
    Carolyn Barless
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @cbarless4195

Hello,

I have a title built in Lectora Online and the page transitions are extremely slow.  About 6 secs before the page changes.   This is a responsive title.  I have changed buttons within the Title to be images versus shapes from within Lectora as I read somewhere that could be the issue, however it is still extremely slow.

Any suggestions?

#397180 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    53 pts
    @wheels

Hi Carolyn,

Sorry … 100 questions …

When you say, “page transitions are extremely slow” are you referring to and actual page transition [and if so which one] or simply the changing of pages.

Is your title published using seamless play?

Do any of your objects have transitions set?  Sometimes a page change will wait on objects transitioning out.

Post the name of your title here if it’s okay for me to export it and take a quick look.

– Joe

#397208 Score: 1
    Carolyn Barless
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @cbarless4195

Hi Joe

Thanks for the reply.  I actually solved what the issue was.  I had a course map and glossary built in at the title level so it would appear on a menu button click on each page.  This was creating all of these shapes, buttons, actions to be loaded for each page which was causing the delay.  I have moved the map and glossary to it’s own page that the student navigates to when clicking the menu button which removed this need to load on every page so its much faster now.

Thank you,

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #397224 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    53 pts
    @wheels

Excellent Carolyn glad you solved it, I bet it publishes faster too!  Great solution.

#397291 Score: 0
    Carolyn Barless
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    wise owl
    curious george
    1 pt
    @cbarless4195

I have another small issue with this.

Now that I have moved the menu to its own separate pages, how can I set the “close” button to return to the last visited page if more than one part of the menu is viewed.

For instance if your on page 10 and you click the menu button and view the course map you are taken to the Course map page, then while in the menu you also select the Help page.  When you close close on the Help page you are taken to the last visited page which is the course map and not back to the course.

It is possible to assign a user defined variable as the page you are currently on when you click the menu button and then when you close the menu on the other pages you are returned to that page?

Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.