Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Pop Ups displaying as tabs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Erin O'Brien
    Erin O’Brien
    @eobrien1128

Lectora 12…

For 508 reasons, I need to have all my show/hide text boxes show up as pop up windows. I planned to run a javascript to resize them on display, but the problem is, they keep showing as new tabs in my browser, rather than seperate pop up windows. Anyone know how to get them to be pop-ups? Works fine testing in Lectora preview, but when I move to Scorm Cloud/Cornerstone, always new tabs instead of pop ups.

#297953 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Gina White
    Gina White
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    4 pts
    @gwhite3227

Erin,

What type of browser are you using?

#297954 Score: 0
    Erin O’Brien
    @eobrien1128

Hi Gina,

My customer is using IE8. I’ve had the same issue in Chrome and Firefox thought too…

Thanks!

#297955 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Gina White
    Gina White
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    4 pts
    @gwhite3227

It is indeed a browser setting to open new windows in a tab or not. But I’ve found that you can usually override the browser setting and force it to open in an actual popup window by checking some of the New Window Properties like “No Menubar”, “No Toolbar”, “No Status Bar”, and “No Location bar”. I usually check all 4 of those, but you may need to experiment to see what works best in her particular situation.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #297956 Score: 0
    Erin O’Brien
    @eobrien1128

Thanks!  Is there a way to do that with pop  up pages? I see it when you select, “go to web address,” in hyperlink options, but not when you select “pop up page.”

#297963 Score: 3
    Profile photo of Tara Medeiros
    Tara Medeiros
    21 pts
    @taramedeiros

Instead of using the Display Page in Pop Up action, use the Go To action and indicate you want the page displayed in a new window. This will give you the ability to edit the window properties as mentioned above. See screenshot attached.

Thanks!

This post has received 3 votes up.
    Attachments:
    #297966 Score: 0
    Erin O’Brien
    @eobrien1128

AWESOME!!! Thanks everyone for all the help!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.