Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Problem related to Java and test results

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kristina
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Since both FF and Chrome no longer support Java, I can’t get custom test results to work. I use SCORM cloud for testing and get error messages saying “your browser does not support Java” . Has anyone else had the same problem and do you have any suggestions for how to get around it?

Thanks

Kristina

#299405 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Sergey Snegirev
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

You could try using JavaScript Title Manager instead of Java:

#299406 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, that does not help…

#299412 Score: 0
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

In what way does that not help? Does it still say “browser does not support Java” when you test a course published with JS title manager?

#299423 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

It does not resolve the problem. I still get the same error message when I try to run the course in SCORM cloud. The error message disappears if I remove custom test results from my course.

#299424 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Clarification: I only get the error message when I use custom test results, so that seems to be the part of the course that is causing the problem.

#299425 Score: 1
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

I’ve just created a Lectora 12 title with a test with customized test results, set it to use JavaScript manager (as shown in screenshot above), published, uploaded it to SCORM Cloud and tested in Chrome. As expected, there were no Java-related warnings, because such title does not contain any Java applets. Can you confirm that your title is set to use JavaScript title manager (not Java) and whether the published SCORM zip file still contains a Java applet?

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #299426 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

I tested again, removed the old test results page and created a new one. And published as you suggested – and did not get any warnings. Thank you!

#299427 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Another question about customized test results:

Can you advise me on how to make the “inherit page size work”?

As you can see in the attached picture (even though the text is in swedish), the size of the test results is not 1009 wide, like it should be according to the settings. Any help with this is appreciated.

/Kristina

Attachments:
    #299429 Score: 1
    Sergey Snegirev
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    lab member
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    339 pts
    @ssneg

Yay, glad I could help. Also, hello from Latvia 🙂

Regarding the customized results page size. I did a quick testing and here’s what I found:

1. To change the page size, set it to the desired value (e.g. 777 px x 1000 px), then ADD a question to the test or REMOVE a question from the test. Adding/removing a question forces the customized results page to refresh and sets it to your desired dimensions. Simply typing the numbers doesn’t do anything, unlike normal pages.

2. You have to do the same (add/remove questions) to refresh the customized results page to take into account new question content. It seems like the size of the customized results page is semi-automatic, so you have some control over it while it tries to adjust to the size and quantity of your questions/answers.

3. Important! If you set the page size to “inherited” and follow the above procedure to reset the page size, Lectora will crash. I think it is a bug (what do you think, @johnb?) but the workaround is super easy, just set the dimensions directly as explained above.

4. The Ok & Print button positions are set to “offset from right”, so keep that in mind when adjusting them and make sure they are in the correct spot after you’ve done editing all questions.

Hope this helps.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #299431 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Blackmon
    John Blackmon
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    friend finder
    advanced
    junior moderator
    wise owl
    LUC16
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    46 pts
    @johnb

I think you’re right @ssneg, we’ll write that up and make sure it gets fixed.

#299432 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Many, many thanks! And I can confirm number 3 – now I understand why my course crashes all the time. Hope to see an update/fix for this soon 🙂

#302102 Score: 0
    Kristina
    beginner
    intermediate
    @Kristina

Another question about test results: how do I set a dynamic hight for the test results? The lenght of the answers varies and the text is cut on the results page.

Kristina

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.