Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Problem with Entry field in a quiz

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Hello

I have a quiz that contains several entry fields. I compile the Lectora file into a SCORM file. I upload this to a more or less up to date version of moodle.

The problem is that, apparently randomly (but I don’t think it really is), the entry field refuses to accept input. The cursor retains its arrow shape and it is impossible to enter the field. It IS possible to reproduce the behavior inside Lectora but it is impossible to predict which fields will be affected. In one run of the title, ALL the fields were disabled, whereas in another run of the same title, only one field was disabled. I am using a version of Lectora 17.

Thanks for any help.

#430379 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    17 pts
    @cainam

Have you tried to determine if this is a Moodle-specific issue, browser-specific, or do you experience the same results in any browser/hosting location?

#430391 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

If they are part of questions do you have number of attempts enabled, possibly attempts are not persisting correctly… if you have an example environment this happens in please submit to support@trivantis.com and give them access, reference this forum post.

#430393 Score: 0
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    22 pts
    @CarlFink

Adam and Joe: Andrew says the problem sometimes occurs in the Lectora development environment, so it can’t be a Moodle thing.

Andrew: please post your exact Lectora version. Does it happen only on this one course?

#430438 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    51 pts
    @wheels

Hi Andrew (@mlapl1),

I’ve checked with support and looked through previous issues. There was one issue in v12 where this would happen if you published with the protect content option checked. That was fixed previous to v17. Maybe it has to do with your title as Carl suggests?

If you have an minimal example title where you see the problem please post it here.

I assume you are seeing this in Chrome, as Lectora run mode is Chrome based. Let us know if you have tried it in multiple browsers.

Thanks for reporting this, look forward to helping solve this!

– Joe

#430444 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Hello everyone and thank you for all the ideas. The problem did in fact appear in Lectora. I think I have solved it (not quite sure yet) and apologize to you for all of your attention to this issue.

The original layout created by the question editor was modified by one of the people working on this title. In making the changes they accidentally made the question field partially overlap with the entry field. When I noticed this, I went through all the questions, making sure that no overlap happened. The problem *appears* to have gone away. I say “appears” because the error seemed to appear randomly whereas you would expect the error I described to be systematic. Perhaps it depends on the point at which one clicks in the entry field…

Anyway, I really do want to apologize to you all who have been trying to figure out the error. I will write again if the error returns but, until then, we can probably let the matter rest.

Thank you so much

Andrew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.