I have a quiz that contains several entry fields. I compile the Lectora file into a SCORM file. I upload this to a more or less up to date version of moodle.
The problem is that, apparently randomly (but I don’t think it really is), the entry field refuses to accept input. The cursor retains its arrow shape and it is impossible to enter the field. It IS possible to reproduce the behavior inside Lectora but it is impossible to predict which fields will be affected. In one run of the title, ALL the fields were disabled, whereas in another run of the same title, only one field was disabled. I am using a version of Lectora 17.
If they are part of questions do you have number of attempts enabled, possibly attempts are not persisting correctly… if you have an example environment this happens in please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and give them access, reference this forum post.
I’ve checked with support and looked through previous issues. There was one issue in v12 where this would happen if you published with the protect content option checked. That was fixed previous to v17. Maybe it has to do with your title as Carl suggests?
If you have an minimal example title where you see the problem please post it here.
I assume you are seeing this in Chrome, as Lectora run mode is Chrome based. Let us know if you have tried it in multiple browsers.
Thanks for reporting this, look forward to helping solve this!
Hello everyone and thank you for all the ideas. The problem did in fact appear in Lectora. I think I have solved it (not quite sure yet) and apologize to you for all of your attention to this issue.
The original layout created by the question editor was modified by one of the people working on this title. In making the changes they accidentally made the question field partially overlap with the entry field. When I noticed this, I went through all the questions, making sure that no overlap happened. The problem *appears* to have gone away. I say “appears” because the error seemed to appear randomly whereas you would expect the error I described to be systematic. Perhaps it depends on the point at which one clicks in the entry field…
Anyway, I really do want to apologize to you all who have been trying to figure out the error. I will write again if the error returns but, until then, we can probably let the matter rest.