The replacement does work when it is inside an ExternalHTMLObject, and when I find that object in my element inspector in chrome I can see that lectora has removed ‘%HTMLNAME%’ and replaced it with the appropriate html name.
I am hoping that someone may have some insight into why Lectora is not handling the %HTMLNAME% token correctly.
Ah well Thanks for you help anyway. If the issue is reproducible in your version of 12.1.4 at least that means I’m not going crazy. It is frustrating to have the Official Help Docs say something is supported but in actuality it is not.
Works for me in 16.2.2. I added an “On Show – Run JS” action to an image on a page, and %HTMLNAME% was replaced with “image47”. When I attached same action to a page, it just said “%HTMLNAME%” so I guess it only works for some objects.