Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers ProcessTest not working in Published HTML course

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anthony Lipphardt
    Anthony Lipphardt
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @alipphardt.1545

I have created a course that will be used in both Published HTML and SCORM formats. We have a 10 question post test that then points to a result page with the test results object. Everything works great in Preview mode within Lectora Desktop, but once I publish to HTML and view from our web server, the last question doesn’t seem to do anything when I click on the next button which should trigger to the process test action. It just seems to hang or get stuck. The javascript console shows no errors. I have attached the ZIP file export. Hoping someone may have run into this issue before. I also submitted this as a support ticket but have not heard back yet.

#436303 Score: 0
    Profile photo of John Holland
    John Holland
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    Trivantis Support
    verified member
    @jholland.6843

Hello Anthony,

I responded to your support ticket with some workarounds for this issue. For others who might encounter similar situations like this, here are some workarounds that might be suitable for their situation.

1. On the last question, change the feedback to “Immediate feedback”. The user will get immediate feedback when they choose an answer, then they can complete the test by clicking the Done button. Or, you can add a submit button to delay the response until the user clicks the “submit” button, gets feedback, then clicks on “Done” button to grade the test.

2. Change Question 10 to be the second to last page in the test. Have the normal Next button like the other 9 questions on this page to take the user to the next page. On this last page, tell them they have completed and then click the Done button to submit their answers.

Either of these workarounds will keep the feedback from interfering with the Processing of the Test.

#436659 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Anthony Lipphardt
    Anthony Lipphardt
    beginner
    intermediate
    curious george
    wise owl
    friend finder
    @alipphardt.1545

I used option 2, to create an extra last page so that the feedback on question 10 could fire and not interfere with post test submission. However, I am encountering a different issue, which is that no matter what the score continually reports as 100. I have an action before the beginning of the test to reset the test. I even tried adding actions to modify the post test score to 0 before starting. Still, everytime I test the published version of the course it reports the score as 100. Any thoughts? I have attached the updated ZIP export

#436701 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    329 pts
    @timk

I tested your file locally and from moodle and I can’t recreate the issue.

You have several actions triggered “On: Page show”. It may be better to use “On: Show” instead. Sometimes page show triggers too early, i.e. before variables are updated properly.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve with the Results page. In the end this page is meant to display the results object, but in your course the object is invisible. It might simplify the “Process test” action if you removed it and directed the users to a page outside of the test. All variables, e.g. the test score, will be available anyway.

You should move all objects on title level to AU level, otherwise you cannot publish to Scorm.

This post has received 1 vote up.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.