Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Protecting selected contents of a title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Hello

I have created a template. The template is to be used by novice Lectora users to create lessons. These people will simply need to fill various text fields, stay away from the file itself and not press ctrl-Z too often when they make a mistake.

Is there some way of protecting the various components of the title so that they do not destroy the template or waste time? Of course they will be working on copies of the template etc. etc.

Any suggestions? I was hoping that Lectora would have some built-ins but I have not been able to discover anything.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Andrew Lian Andrew Lian.
    #391923 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    121 pts
    @mnotermans5114

One option for it might be using Library Objects. Offcourse an unexperienced user could change and demolish things, but as it is a Library Object you can easily reset those to their defaults… Would have to test it though. And offcourse you can simply lock elements….

Save Time with Library Objects in Lectora e-Learning Software

#391926 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Andrew Lian
    Andrew Lian
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    advanced
    contributor
    wise owl
    curious george
    12 pts
    @mlapl1

Thank you Math. I will investigate Library Objects. But you also said something interesting. You suggested locking elements, but I thought that was only for size and position… Content is still vulnerable…

Cheers and thanks

#391928 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Math Notermans
    Math Notermans
    contributor
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    LUC16 Attendee
    LUC16
    wise owl
    curious george
    121 pts
    @mnotermans5114

True indeed, size and position. Content still vulnerable. You could add a allmost empty .png ( small blocks in the corners to cover the whole screen ) so all elements below it are not easy selectable… Still remains vulnerable but not easy to select anymore, thus making it harder for non-experienced developers to change something unwanted…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.