Explore the community Forums Lectora LMS Integration Publish SCORM packages for WorkDay Learning

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cpliu
    cpliu
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    2 pts
    @cpliu

We are migrating our courses from AICC based LMS to SCORM 2004 based WorkDay Learning LMS.

If it’s a quiz-only course, it’s fine by setting CMI_Completion_Status to completed.

If there is no quiz, then we can’t use CMI alone. It would have error message “ssignable Unit A001 is missing a scored Test or a Modify Variable action for either AICC_Lesson_Status or AICC_Score. You must have at least one of these items somewhere in an assignable unit for AICC/SCORM compliance.” If you just add an action to set AICC_lesson_status to completed, you can publish but you get errors when existing the course.

How do you set up an SCORM course without a quiz?

Thanks,

#441039 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Adam Cain
    Adam Cain
    beginner
    intermediate
    picture perfect
    wise owl
    friend finder
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    19 pts
    @cainam

I believe you just need to add an action on a page – for mine I have it execute when the last page shows up.  Action Modify Variable

Target: AICC_Lesson_Status

Type: Set Equal To

Value: Completed

Attachments:
    #441042 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cpliu
    cpliu
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    2 pts
    @cpliu

We tried that before the system gives a LMSSetValue Error: Data Model Element Type Mismatch when exiting the course. The course shows completed in the report though, but the error message make it confusing for users.

Where did you put the AICC completed action? Is it before or after CMI action?

Thanks,

#441049 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    333 pts
    @timk

It’s not the status that makes the difference between courses with and without a test. The action should be the same, i.e. “CMI_Completion_Status to completed”. AICC_Lesson_Status is Scorm 1.2, “Data Model … Mismatch” (more or less) means “Scorm Version Mismatch”.

The course must also provide a score. If there is a test the test score will be used automatically. If you don’t have a test you need to set “AICC_Score” to some number, e.g. 100.

#441051 Score: 0
    Profile photo of cpliu
    cpliu
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    curious george
    wise owl
    Group Member
    2 pts
    @cpliu

Thank you all for the suggestions. I eventually created a dummy test and submit that quiz and set AICC_lesson_Status to completed at its last page. Because it’s a page the user never goes, it’s never executed together with CMI_completion_status. With that I can publish and get completion status without any error messages. It shows the score to 0, and I will try to set it to 100 before process test.

I thought it would be as easy as using CMI_completion_status on every situation, and it would just work.

#441053 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Tim K
    Tim K
    contributor
    beginner
    intermediate
    advanced
    friend finder
    junior moderator
    advocate
    wise owl
    curious george
    Group Member
    333 pts
    @timk

I did some research… Here’s a correction to my post above:

AICC_Lesson_Status is not Scorm 1.2 only.

If you publish to Scorm 1.2, it is used for “cmi.core.lesson_status” (this is Scorm 1.2)

Scorm 2004 has two variables for the status.

When you publish to Scorm 2004, AICC_Lesson_Status is used for “cmi.success_status”. This variable can only be “passed” or “failed” (or “unknown”). The error occurs becaue it must not be “completed”.

Then there’s cmi.completion_status that can be “not attempted”, “incomplete” or “completed” (or “unknown”). It must neither be “passed” nor “failed”.

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #441133 Score: 1
    Profile photo of Joe Wieloch
    Joe Wieloch
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    verified member
    wise owl
    LUC17 Attendee
    advanced
    picture perfect
    55 pts
    @wheels

Here is a post covering this in a little more detail:

Using SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 with an LMS

This post has received 1 vote up.
    #441528 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Kofi Boadi
    Kofi Boadi
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    @kboadi.2391

Hello Community,

We are also migrating from current LMS to Workday Learning and publishing courses in SCORM 2004 using Lectora. Quiz courses are working as expected getting completion status and grades recorded but unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful to have non-quiz courses published in SCORM using Lectora recording completion status. Have read through solutions provided here and have not seen any success so far. Is anybody here who can help with a solution?

Kofi

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.