I’ve got multiple projects that are the same, but have been translated into different languages. I’ve added a String Set under the Publish Strings section of the Preferences dialog for each language.
I thought I could leave the Publish Strings section alone after setting up the various languages that I need, because I can select the relevant Publish Strings from the “Select Publish String Set” field on the Languages tab of the Publish dialog.
Now that I’m publishing in different languages, I’ve found that I have to change the Publish Strings on the Preferences tab, rather than at the time of publish.
Have I misunderstood the way Lectora works? Any advice is appreciated.
I’m changing the publish strings from English to Russian or vice versa, depending on which project I’m publishing. I thought that this was done during the publish process, because there is a Languages tab, but it appears that this is only used if you wish to publish the same project in multiple languages.
Even though I am publishing a similar project (it is essentially the same, but changing the language requires so much re-formatting, I’ve created a distinct project for each language), they are separate projects.
I’ve realised that I have to change the publish strings prior to publishing, in the Preferences dialog. It makes more sense to me to select the publish strings at the time of publishing, because it is easier to remember.