Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Question feedback that advances to the next screen when click "Continue"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nancyhyde
    nancyhyde
    @nancyhyde

I want to have a scrolling text box with a Continue button at the bottom that pops up when learners click a multiple choice option. I want the Continue button to take them to the next page in the course. I know I can implement this by showing a text box grouped with a Continue button. Is there any way to implement it with a pop-up window so that the feedback box is movable? I can’t get a pop-up window to advance to the next page when the Continue button is clicked.

#284445 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ben Pitman
    Ben Pitman
    4 pts
    @benpitman

Yes. Not too hard. You use a variable.

On the question page, have an On Show Modify Variable action that sets the variable to 0.

Have another Timed Interval action that runs every .3 secs that is Go To Next Page with a Condition of variable=1.

Now, on the popup page, you have modify variable action on the Continue button that sets the variable to 1. When they click it, the Next Page on the question will fire.

For safety sake you should also have page level On Hide Modify Variable action to set it to 1 in case the the user just closes the popup.

#284446 Score: 0
    Profile photo of nancyhyde
    nancyhyde
    @nancyhyde

@benpitman 62359 wrote:

For safety sake you should also have page level On Hide Modify Variable action to set it to 1 in case the the user just closes the popup.

Thanks, Ben! This worked great once I worked out one kink: Initially, I was creating the pop-up using Display Page in Popup Window, and the On Hide Modify Variable wasn’t working. Once I changed the pop-up action to Go To Page in New Window, it worked. Is this a Lectora bug? It seems like it should work either way.

Using the timed interval is a neat trick that I wasn’t familiar with before. I’ll definitely keep it in mind for other situations.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.