Explore the community Forums Lectora Lectora Questions & Answers Questionnaire broken by saving from Lectora 16 to 17?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #403450 Score: 0
    Profile photo of idak
    idak
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    @idak

    We recently had some problems with a simple questionnaire. Just 20 questions, mostly multiple choice with a few true false and no extra features. The issue was that in some of the true false questions, only one radio button could be chosen no matter what you clicked.

    I was beginning to think that it was some sort of problem with my installation, since I couldn’t find anyone else in the community reporting the same issue. But then the same thing happened to a different installation.

    And now we’re getting the same thing to another client.

    The common factor was that both of the projects were built with Lectora 16 and had to be updated with Lectora 17.

    Is there a way to fix this or we have to make a new questionnaire in Lectora 17 from scratch?

    #403457 Score: 0
    Profile photo of idak
    idak
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    @idak

    Forgot to mention, in the first case, the “fix” we found was either just publishing again without changing anything (!) or deleting the specific question adding it again from scratch and publishing again. Sometimes none of those worked. Kind of random behavior.

    The second case is just 5 true false questions and none of them are working, still can’t choose what you want. Publishing again didn’t work. It’s a bit more complex so it’s kind of a mess deleting questions…

    #403468 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Albert Vis
    Albert Vis
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    friend finder
    curious george
    wise owl
    @avis7549

    Do you view the output in a specific browser? And which LMS are you using?

    Does the error also occurs when you are previewing the items in Lectora itself?

    We had a similar problem that we couldn’t click certain answers, it seemed that it mostly was due to LMS settings and the combination of viewing it in IE11 on a LMS with browser restrictions and win7.

    Worked around it by making sure that the LMS had no prefered browser settings.

     

    Good luck!

    #403479 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Dana Musser
    Dana Musser
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    junior moderator
    contributor
    friend finder
    LUC16 Attendee
    curious george
    wise owl
    5 pts
    @danam

    Oh, yeah, we went through this. It was terrible. I copied the survey from the previous year (Lectora 16) and published it for the current year in Lectora 17.  It was the standard questionnaire with short answers and worked really well for us. Everyone loved it. Why mess with a good thing…change the date and a couple minor substitutions for people and such and voila! Right?

    Nope…none of the short answers came through. My boss was livid.

    Lesson learned. Never take anything for granted or run the risk of getting burned. I even saved it as a template because I thought that would be safer and more reliable. Wrong.

    #403609 Score: 0
    Profile photo of idak
    idak
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    @idak

    Thank you both for your replies!

    The LMS in all cases is SABA. But it had no problem with the Lectora 16 version.

    And the checking was done with IE, Firefox and Chrome with the same results in all browsers in 3 different companies, none of whom had problems with the previous version.

    Guess I have to rebuild the questionnaire from scratch in v.17.

    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Profile photo of idak idak .
    #403845 Score: 0
    Profile photo of idak
    idak
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    @idak

    So, I rebuilt the questionnaire from scratch using Lectora 17, but I get the same exact issues. It looks like it’s not the conversion from v16 to v17 after all.

    Same thing in both Lectora 17.1.3 and 17.1.5.

    #404081 Score: 1
    Profile photo of CarlFink
    CarlFink
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    contributor
    LUC16 Attendee
    wise owl
    curious george
    advanced
    9 pts
    @CarlFink

    This is maybe too obvious, but I’ve had that issue (if I understand you right) because Lectora spontaneously changed the size of the text block containing the question, so that it covered the top option (which thus could not be clicked). This happens because Lectora does not necessarily display exactly the same font in a browser that we see in the development environment.

    This post has received 1 vote up.
    #404145 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Jennifer Valley
    Jennifer Valley
    Moderator
    contributor
    beginner
    friend finder
    advanced
    lectora beginner
    verified member
    wise owl
    profile
    picture perfect
    curious george
    111 pts
    @jvalley4735

    Do you have attempts on but with no action?

    #404166 Score: 0
    Profile photo of idak
    idak
    Member
    beginner
    intermediate
    wise owl
    Group Member
    curious george
    contributor
    @idak

    @jvalley4735 thank you for your reply, Carl was spot on so all is well now.

    @carlfink Looks like it wasn’t so obvious after all! After inserting significant spacing between the text box and the answers, everything worked as intended.

    Then I started reading other threads you posted in and decided to downgrade to version 17.0.6. Now everything works without any guesswork in spacing required.

    Thanks a lot Carl!

     

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.